free website stats program Question about Deli Meat Slicing Machines.. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Question about Deli Meat Slicing Machines..

It isn't commercial quality however very close. The difference is in how the meat is held in position. The table slides easily on nylon tracks. I think I paid $89.95. Made by Rival Manufacturing, it's discontinued. I haven't seen there newer model in person but it looks completely different from mine. I bet you can buy one on ebay. The blade is extremely sharp and has lasted several years already and you can still buy a replacement.

Mine looks a lot like this one:

Amazon.com: Rival 1101W Stainless Steel Electric Slicer: Kitchen Dining

I also have a slicer at home. Mine is a Waring Pro 7.5" blade. I don't think it cost a lot, and it is not commercial size or quality. It does an excellent job of turning left over roast/turkey/ham into lunch meat (and it's fun to use). The clean up is more than you would want to do every time you brought a pound of meat home though. The thickness control is a lever, not graduated. My wife made a rule when she gave it to me, "no talking when big dummy has the slicer turned on".:small3d012:

P.S. It is great for slicing beef to make home made Jerkey, a $10 piece of meat makes a LOT of jerky.

It isn't commercial quality however very close. The difference is in how the meat is held in position. The table slides easily on nylon tracks. I think I paid $89.95. Made by Rival Manufacturing, it's discontinued. I haven't seen there newer model in person but it looks completely different from mine. I bet you can buy one on ebay. The blade is extremely sharp and has lasted several years already and you can still buy a replacement.

Wow, That's a Great Price. Thanks for the lead!

One thing for sure. If I buy that machine the girls at the Deli Counter will stop saying "Here comes that trouble maker with the Starrett Calipers in his pocket"!:p

Wow, That's a Great Price. Thanks for the lead!

One thing for sure. If I buy that machine the girls at the Deli Counter will stop saying "Here comes that trouble maker with the Starrett Calipers in his pocket"!:p

I think what makes mine work so well is how the adjustment is made on thickness. It is a knob that moves the fence forward or back in reference to the blade. It has fairly fine threads so the adjustment is infinite. You can dial that baby in to any thickness you want. Won't do pork chops, sorry....BUBBIE!

Up here in the midwest we actually have a word for it.
It is called FLUFFED ham. I never tried it with my cheepo slicer.

Up here in the midwest we actually have a word for it.
It is called FLUFFED ham.

Maybe a Michigan thing more than the midwest. Born and raised in Minnesota and the only thing we refer to as fluffed is.......Well, I better stop there :D

Maybe a Michigan thing more than the midwest. Born and raised in Minnesota and the only thing we refer to as fluffed is.......Well, I better stop there :D

Minnesota? thats kind of the outskirts of the mid west, more like the wild west.

Having spent years slicing meats I understand the frustrations. I liked to offer it "shaved" and thats how we always sliced it for our Deli Style Sandwiches. The geniuses at Wal-Mart and other places just dont understand what we're looking for now days.

I do remember it taking much longer to shave rather than slice, so that might be part of it too (more effort involved).

This is quite a thread...LOL

Back