free website stats program Pushing the bike on its kickstand? | Harley Davidson Forums

Pushing the bike on its kickstand?

5dollars

I was at the dealer one day and they were shuffling bikes around and pushing them backwards on their kickstand. How does this affect the kickstand? Anyone do this in their garage?

Yep.Once the stand is locked in it can slide.I have to watch it on my driveway.It's slick so I have to position it,so it doesn't slide backwards.Or put it in gear.

If I need to move the bike backwards a little, I seldom put the jiffy up. I just take the weight off it and let it drag.

I also do it this way like Breeze says....
(looks like I'm following you around):D

I have the Big Lean on my 09 FLHR... Some came out with More Lean than the newer ones that year.

HD said in a memo to HD Dealers "If customer complains about leaning too far, install the corrected kickstand plate.) Not a true quote but close.
(FREE ONLY while Under warranty) I just found this out:(

My bike will slide easily back with little straightening up. I do it all the time when needed... IF sliding it forward MORE Care must be given when letting it Back to the side stand ...Making Sure It IS INTO the Locked position and not off Half Cocked... I have found this out the hard way... Then Having to pick up the bike and RESET the kickstand...

Red Faced from the weight of the bike that would not leave quickly as the Embarrassment was there for quite a while also...

YES, even BUBBIE did this and more than once...:shock

signed....BUBBIE

We used to grab them by the back fender and slide them around, did not seem to hurt them that way

We used to grab them by the back fender and slide them around, did not seem to hurt them that way

lol, sounds like a game could be made of this lol.... I had a rather odd visual of a bunch of people whipping bikes around by the fenders....made me lol.

lol, sounds like a game could be made of this lol.... I had a rather odd visual of a bunch of people whipping bikes around by the fenders....made me lol.

LOL. Dangerous game to play..

I've noticed the sliding, it isn't too much of a big deal. It doesn't damage the kickstand really..

I'm glad you got a visual of this, because if you know anything about Jack you know you will never see a picture.:newsmile100:

Back