free website stats program Power Commander Problems | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Commander Problems

In December I purchased a Power Commander USB III for my 2008 Roadking. With the Power Commander installed on my bike it will not idle. After calling DynoJet and talking to the customer service rep. he told me to do several things. They include:
Reseting the unit, adjusting the throttle position, bending the power connector for the ground, changing the map and replace the fuel line. None of these fix the problem. Also, I have installed a new fuel filter, fuel filter shell, fuel regulator, quick disconnect, and crank sensor. The Roadking is stock other than a SE air cleaner.

I have read several posts that others are having the same problem. What did they do?

I have made about 5 calls to DynoJet. They don't seem to care.

Might not be the answer you are looking for, but if you have the stock air cleaner, re-install and go back to running without pcIII and see if that works. Making me nervous because I just installed a PCIII and a Ness Big Sucker. Over 3200 miles and no complaints, but it has only been on the bike for two weeks.

The power commander has been removed and re-installed several times. When the power commander is on the bike will not idle and dies. With the power commander off the bike runs and idles great.

Hope it works out for you, if not please contact me because I am taking them to small claims court.

The power commander has been removed and re-installed several times. When the power commander is on the bike will not idle and dies. With the power commander off the bike runs and idles great.

Hope it works out for you, if not please contact me because I am taking them to small claims court.

Figure they would either help you make it work or just refund your money. I bought mine from fuelmoto and the reason I bought it from them was they have such a great following for customer satisfaction and service. When I bought my PCIII from them, I could not get the software to work on my computer. I brought the pcIII and my computer to them and it turned out it was my computer that was messed up. Jamie fixed my computer for me while I was there, loaded the program into it and then showed my how to use it all. It would be hard for me to go to anyone else after what he did for me.
You can try to contact him, but not really sure what he would do. fuelmotousa.com
Good luck to you!!

Yes, I should have purchased it from Fuelmoto. My mistake. The company I purchased it from is not willing to help. They say its a DyoJet problem and I agree.

If memory serves me, they (Fuelmoto) also double the manufacturers warranty. I too have recieved good service with them.

I would look closely at the connection plugs and make sure none of the pins are bent and not making good contact. Also be sure to use some dialectric grease on the connections.

I am curious, did you install the O2 Sensor eliminators when you installed the PCIII? Not sure if that would cause the problem but may be worth looking into.

Just a newb to the forum but I would still call Jamie @ fuelmoto and explain the situation to him. Hope it helps.

Just a newb to the forum but I would still call Jamie @ fuelmoto and explain the situation to him. Hope it helps.

Kind of what I was thinking too. I'm sure he realizes that even though you have not spent anything with him yet, there is such a thing as future customers.
Oh yeah, welcome to the forum!!

I thought I had a problem with my PC USBIII on my RK but it turned out to be a bad (weak) crank sensor. Unpluged the PC III and the bike ran fine but was way lean after the mods I had made, connect it back & the bike ran like an old checy with the choke stuck on. I was sure it was the unit, but changed out the sensor at Dynojets recommendation and the unit has worked great for the past 3 years with no troubles. Hope this helps.

If memory serves me, they (Fuelmoto) also double the manufacturers warranty. I too have recieved good service with them.

I would look closely at the connection plugs and make sure none of the pins are bent and not making good contact. Also be sure to use some dialectric grease on the connections.

I am curious, did you install the O2 Sensor eliminators when you installed the PCIII? Not sure if that would cause the problem but may be worth looking into.

Stan Lass is the warrenty manager at DynoJet. He doesn't think that there is a problem with the PC III and won't warrenty the product. I'm going to purchase a competitors product and see if that works. If a competitors product works I will post the results. The pins all look good and I installed the O2 Eliminators.

Back