free website stats program Power Commander Problems | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Power Commander Problems

I thought I had a problem with my PC USBIII on my RK but it turned out to be a bad (weak) crank sensor. Unpluged the PC III and the bike ran fine but was way lean after the mods I had made, connect it back & the bike ran like an old checy with the choke stuck on. I was sure it was the unit, but changed out the sensor at Dynojets recommendation and the unit has worked great for the past 3 years with no troubles. Hope this helps.

The first time I installed the PC III there was a crank sensor error so I replaced the crank sensor. Problem still exists with the PC III.

Figure they would either help you make it work or just refund your money. Good luck to you!!

Thats what I thought. DynoJet customer service was great for the first 2 or3 phone calls. The problem still continues and there customer service now treats me like (EDIT) . Stan Lass is the warrenty manager and I have left 2 nice voice messages and no reply.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised that DynoJet would not at least offer for you to send it back for them to check out. I do understand them (DynoJet) not refunding your money if it was not purchased directly from them.

Was the unit purchased NEW in the box from an Authorized DynoJet Distributor? If not that might explain the reluctancy on DynoJets part.

Like others have said, it still might be worthwhile to contact Jamie at Fuel-Moto.

I am surprised that DynoJet would not at least offer for you to send it back for them to check out. I do understand them (DynoJet) not refunding your money if it was not purchased directly from them.

Was the unit purchased NEW in the box from an Authorized DynoJet Distributor? If not that might explain the reluctancy on DynoJets part.

Like others have said, it still might be worthwhile to contact Jamie at Fuel-Moto.

DynoJet said they tested it and sent it back. I'm still having problems. Install PC III on bike and it stalls, no PC III on bike and it runs fine. One of the techs told me that thier PC III cause too much resistance in the electrical system on some models. Yes I did purchase it from an authorized dealer: Eastern Performance Cycles zip code: 21054 For $300 DynoJet could solve this problem and if this unit is good they could resell it.

DynoJet said they tested it and sent it back. I'm still having problems. Install PC III on bike and it stalls, no PC III on bike and it runs fine. One of the techs told me that thier PC III cause too much resistance in the electrical system on some models. Yes I did purchase it from an authorized dealer: Eastern Performance Cycles zip code: 21054 For $300 DynoJet could solve this problem and if this unit is good they could resell it.

Tell them what you posted here and tell them you want it REPLACED and if it doesn't cure the problem, you'll pay them for the second one too. Of course it will cure the problem.

This is why I like the TFI. Great support with no backlash.

Tell them what you posted here and tell them you want it REPLACED and if it doesn't cure the problem, you'll pay them for the second one too. Of course it will cure the problem.

This is why I like the TFI. Great support with no backlash.

I am looking at purchasing either a Vance and Hines fuel pak or a TFI. If I have problems with the fuel pak or TFI then it is the bike, if not its the PC III.

What I have learned from this experience is buy from a company that has a good return policy. If you have any problems what so ever return it to them. DynoJet has not fixed the PC III that I purchased, will not exchange the unit or refund my money. Total waste of time and money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adjusting throttle position? What does that mean.
Is your bike throttle by wire or cable pull.

The bike has throttle by wire (TBW). The low throttle setting can be adjusted by turning on and off the ignition 4 times. While in the off postion wait 10 seconds. The handle bar run switch must also be in the run position.
The PC III has a setting to also set the low throttle setting.

The bike has throttle by wire (TBW). The low throttle setting can be adjusted by turning on and off the ignition 4 times. While in the off postion wait 10 seconds. The handle bar run switch must also be in the run position.
The PC III has a setting to also set the low throttle setting.

10/4. I was not aware you could adjust the idle speed on TBW in that manner. I am cable pull on my 2009 and must use a SEST to set the stepper position on the IAC.
Very interesting because even with TBW, idle speed is still controlled by IAC position and it almost sounds like the process you described would really set the throttle body motor to a different rest (or zero) position. I guess not..

10/4. I was not aware you could adjust the idle speed on TBW in that manner. I am cable pull on my 2009 and must use a SEST to set the stepper position on the IAC.
Very interesting because even with TBW, idle speed is still controlled by IAC position and it almost sounds like the process you described would really set the throttle body motor to a different rest (or zero) position. I guess not..

The idle speed cannot be adjusted by the above methood. Setting the low throttle position just tells the location of the handle bar throttle twist position. TBW idle must be adjusted as you said by a SEST.

Back