free website stats program posers/bikers fine line | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

posers/bikers fine line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never understood all this BS about biker vs. poser. I farmed all my life, untill failing health put a stop to it in 2002. I ran Ford, John Deere, Case I-H, as well as other brands at different times. I thought that I was a farmer all the time no matter what brand of tractor I was riding at the time. Which brand made me a poser?:D I give up!

I agree with you Will. What makes anyone the "expert" on others and what they should be called.

About the only exception is someone that dresses the part and doesn't even own a bike.

Finally found this thread so I guess I gotta put my 2 cents in. Ok, goes like this... when you're riding and pass other folks on bikes, the one's that wave are bikers and the ones that don't are posers (unless they're manuvering, braking, accelerating etc. in which case a head nod will do). I include sport bikes, moto guzzi's, and even pink step throughs. Guess the ultimate poser is the guy who dresses like an outlaw but doesn't have a bike, has never had a bike (although I don't mind girls wearing chaps even though they've never been on a bike.... weird huh). It's all about the wind in your face and freedom and if I took time to catagorize everyone I wouldn't be able to accurately assess their threat levels.

Sorry folks, I still say the day of the "poser" is dead. Your momma, your kids, your aunts and all walks of people now ride bikes. Leapin lizards man, gas prices are putting your grandmother on a scooter, I've seen her ! We are all bikers and I don't care if you own a 30g bike and just ride two miles on the weekends, your a biker those two miles, just not dedicated to it. So just be glad you own a Harley and represent us Harley riders in a good light.

A poser is someone that pretends to be someone they are not,so they are easy to spot because since they are not what they pretend to be thier actions are inappropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back