free website stats program Other Interest Hobbies | Harley Davidson Forums

Other Interest Hobbies

glider.

BOT Machine
I know at least some of us have other interest besides Harleys, whether it be boats, planes or cars.

Post some pics here and tell us a little about your other "obsession".

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some of my interests and hobbies. All of my hobbies are expensive (says my wife) LOL :dknow

Amateur Radio Emergency Services

Long distance communications with Amateur / CB Radio

Chasing Bad Weather and active storm spotting with the National Weather Bureau (NOAA)

And autocross with BMW 2002

other obsession still envolves 2 wheels although they are powered by me this piture does no justice to how steep the descent was and the fact it was between trees, this was taken 4hrs into a 24hr race and yes i was balancing waiting for the fallen rider to move :D they were ok
shimano24hr.jpg

i enjoy all other adrenaline sports including Zorbing
zorb.jpg
Uh, Hobbit, are those platform pedals on that bike????? Or the cool shoes that just makes them look like platforms? Nope, I just looked again, I think those are platforms....probably are. What year is that, I'm guessing pretty old since it looks like a rigid bike. No suspension in the front? Hard to tell from the pic. I haven't raced since 1998, I don't know if I have any pics of me on the bike or not, should have somewhere, I'll dig around for some....Uh, I think you can have the zorbing....do you happen to have video of that?

I am into my 1967 Oldsmobile cutlass supreme, Competition combat pistol shooting, Helping out with the junior rifle team at the gun club I belong to. I used to be really into racing RC cars on a dirt track. All of which are expensive habits. Rc parts and ammunition are getting as bad as harley parts to puchase but the hobby shop is right next door to the harley dealer.:D

These are a few of my favorite things :D

Attachments

• tn_xlarge_Bu.jpg
    tn_xlarge_Bu.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 75
  • f4739.jpg
    f4739.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 51
Hey, my husband & I fly hot air balloons for part time entertainment, (which we can make some extra cash with), more chrome:D

CinciBalloon_EndofSummerBash087.jpg
[/IMG]

We also had some time on a sail boat in the Florida Keys.

DSC00052.jpg
[/IMG]

Sold the boat though, talk about retiring on another one someday.

I have grown up around old cars. Original & street rods. My dad & uncle have a nice collection, which my uncle recently created an old car museum. If anyone is out riding in the Huntington, WV area, (where West Virginia, Ohio, & Kentucky meet) feel free to stop in. It's free! My uncle usually has some one there on Thursday evenings, and the weekends. If you get there & no one is there, he has his number posted on the door, just give him a call; unless he is taking my aunt to the doctor, he will run over. If you are headed that way, PM me & I can call my dad or uncle & some one can be there. (located at 14th St W & Washington Ave).

There's probably 30 or more cars in there, some street rods, some original. I'll throw in a few pix. He also has a 2003 Road King with no miles on it. It's never been licensed or ridden. He won't even push it around the building.
CougarPix112.jpg
[/IMG]
JTaylorAut001.jpg

1930 Cadillac Limosuine
CougarPix104.jpg

CougarPix103.jpg

A couple of originals, a 1936 Ford & a 1950 Chevy
CougarPix111.jpg
[/IMG]
CougarPix110.jpg

Some of the cars are my dad's, some are my uncle's. But this is my dad's 1940 Ford.....I like it...:bigsmiley10:
JTaylorAut012.jpg

JTaylorAut004.jpg

The guy on the right is my uncle many years ago, sort of looks like Fonzy I think. He has that picture in a car like the one they are in. I'll have to find out if it's the same one or one like it.

June06030.jpg

A typical weekend day....
DSC00052.jpg

Last but not least. Unfortunately, I don't have a better pic of the scoot, but I can't get it outside for the good light!

My husband & I have a 1950 GMC truck (original) he just got finished with, & a 1973 Cougar convertible. We'll probably get rid of those and get a street rod more like pop's 40 ford....:s gotta start some where though.

I hope you guys enjoy the pix, and if you are in the area, and want to stretch your legs, I hope you enjoy the place. Uncle J had to build a building for the cars anyway, & he can't take them all out to shows, but he likes to let folks enjoy them.

Last edited:
Ball park on the date.....no biggy. I used to race downhill too, but I would do it basically the way you were dressed, figured it would give me more incentive not to crash if knees & elbows were exposed. Worked for the most part! That's why I waited so long for a motorcycle.

Back