free website stats program Other Interest Hobbies | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Other Interest Hobbies

I don't have any pics to show, but I like firearms. Doesn't really matter to me what caliber of handgun or rifle, I just like to shoot. I don't shoot as much as I used to, but I still like to buy a firearm once in awhile.

I don't have any pics to show, but I like firearms. Doesn't really matter to me what caliber of handgun or rifle, I just like to shoot. I don't shoot as much as I used to, but I still like to buy a firearm once in awhile.
I also enjoy shooting sports, it getting to be an expensive habbit though.

I just reignited an old hobby I had a couple years ago. I've got a couple vintage outboard motors that need some tlc. The first one is a 1954 Scott Atwater 10 h.p. The second is a 1937 evinrude ranger. My friends all have gotten into boats and once again I've got to stick to the classics.

Thanks Gary. If you are ever in the area, stop in. Congrats on getting through year 1. Don't worry, that 40 ford has a heartbeat! :D Pop's a big chevy man too. My nephew said it is a 396 big block, I'm not good on keeping the numbers straight on the motors, I do know that there is a lot of engine in that car LOL. I only drove that one once, and it is a handful.

Okay folks, if you haven't noticed, I've been a bit behind on my reading, but I have good reason. I spent the weekend in WV to see the niece & nephew's graduation. (Dial up service there, I don't do much internet :s). But, I did go to a couple of car shows with my dad and it was hot but not as hot as our men & women in Iraq in full gear. (That was pointed out several times by the show organizer, good for him. ). So, while there, I finally got some decent pictures of my dad's newest addition. Pop likes the 1941 Chevy real well. He has one that's a street rod, (I'll have to find some pix of that one), but I want you all to meet Ruby.

RitterParkCarShow_June2008_Ruby094.jpg

This car is nothing but Swwweeeett! She's original and she has a story: Dad is the 4th owner, (the guy he got her from sat with us all after noon, so it's kind of like dad's the 3rd owner too....:D) Anyway, this car was bought new by a gentlemen who actually went to the factory in IL to watch it be assembled. 7 1/2 hours on the assembly line, he then drove the car across the street to the place where you got accessories back then and proceeded to buy every available accessory. There is a news paper article about the original owner, but I couldn't find out the year it was written. He drove the car when he got it, put over 86,000 miles on it before he ever did anything to it. Then he only overhauled the engine. (Blueflame 6 cyl). According to the article, the car had only been left outside 3 times in it's life, and to the best of our knowledge, it hasn't spent another night outside. :D It also has the original clutch to this day & pop says she drives & rides like a dream. At the time of the article, the car still had the original inner tubes in the tires. (we think the article was @ 1969 because they referred to the car reaching 25 years; antique status, and it said the guy had been showing it for about 3 years). Dad said it did have newer radial tires, so the inner tubes probably aren't 67 years old. The also agree that they think it had been repainted at some point, but no one knows when, and there are no signs of over spray anywhere so it was done very well if that is the case. I have their curiosity up, and owner #3 is going to see what other info he can gather from owner # 2 who knew owner #1. :D See what I started LOL? :bigsmiley11:

So, here are some pix of the car that I snapped Sunday. Hope you enjoy.

RitterParkCarShow_June2008_Ruby055.jpg

RitterParkCarShow_June2008_Ruby003.jpg

RitterParkCarShow_June2008_Ruby009.jpg

RitterParkCarShow_June2008_Ruby006.jpg

By the way, that is the original spare.
RitterParkCarShow_June2008_Ruby007.jpg

So, when I was younger, I never liked the fender skirts or wide white walls, but I guess they grow on you because I really like the looks of them here.

This car even had 'mini' blinds. :bigsmiley11:

RitterParkCarShow_June2008_Ruby053.jpg

Okay, this one isn't dad's yet, but I'm trying to convince him he needs it too go with the others, and the paint scheme kind of matches my bike. :bigsmiley11:
RitterParkCarShow_June2008_Ruby049.jpg

I figured I would share some other things I saw there. There was @ 300 cars registered. Set a record. :D
Here's a 1973 BMW I thought was interesting.
RitterParkCarShow_June2008_Ruby029.jpg

The weedeater chopper:
RitterParkCarShow_June2008_Ruby057.jpg

We all know that in 1969, (at least until May when I came along) the Judge ruled.

RitterParkCarShow_June2008_Ruby035.jpg

I like the blue, the fact that it's a camaro didn't hurt it either.
RitterParkCarShow_June2008_Ruby023.jpg

1953 Ford with the painted wood grain. I'm not sure if this makes it a Woody or not, but hey, let's go to the beach any way.
RitterParkCarShow_June2008_Ruby046.jpg

What the hey? I figured I'd throw Miss Personality in the mix. My favorite niece. (and she's starting to like motorcycles, look out)

JesssGraduation029.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed the pix.

Oh yeah, here's one from work, the other reason I get behind on my reading & posting. The cable we fixed so someone else could play on the internet.

JesssGraduation015.jpg

And the poor van that we didn't fix.......:15:

JesssGraduation016.jpg

Gotta get to bed to get ready for round 3 of the storms this weekend. :bigsmiley29:

Thanks for the pics Joy. That Ruby is a looker and the others are great cars too. I like the spinner on the steering wheel, some things like that we'll never see again.

Not fixing the van??? Why not?? :D

Okay folks, if you haven't noticed, I've been a bit behind on my reading, but I have good reason. I spent the weekend in WV to see the niece & nephew's graduation. (Dial up service there, I don't do much internet :s). But, I did go to a couple of car shows with my dad and it was hot but not as hot as our men & women in Iraq in full gear. (That was pointed out several times by the show organizer, good for him. ). So, while there, I finally got some decent pictures of my dad's newest addition. Pop likes the 1941 Chevy real well. He has one that's a street rod, (I'll have to find some pix of that one), but I want you all to meet Ruby.

RitterParkCarShow_June2008_Ruby094.jpg
That is surely one beautiful car.The quality of work is evident,especially with the dash.Is that REAL burnished timber?:s

Hey Glider, I don't do vans yet! :rofl I'll work on that after I become the master motorcycle mechanic....LOL.

Biscuit, I'll have to ask pop about the dash.....I'm not sure.:52:

Back