free website stats program Ordered my 2011 Fatboy,,need advice | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ordered my 2011 Fatboy,,need advice

Welcome to the forum, last year bought me a fatboy and the 1st major upgrade I did was a stage 1 and new slip ons. If I had do it all over again I would go with safety first and get the speedo/tach/gear indicator combo unit $299, led taillight $249, led headlight $494 and new rearview mirrors $129. The reason I say this is it will make riding a lot more enjoyable especially if you ride at night like I do, the loud pipes can come later. But my bike does run a lot smoother with the stage 1 kit. After riding with my hog chapter I started seeing which upgrades I wanted and started saving up. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks for info. I did just order a rack so I can carry stuff. Like you, I would like to add slip ons, are yours real loud? Also great ideas on lights.

My slip ons are not extremely loud, but they are louder and deeper than the stock pipes, I ride a lot at night and didnt want to be blasting the neighbors out of bed. But I'm extremely happy with them.

aerodawg-albums-aerodawg%27s+2010+fatboy+lo-picture7049-v_and_h_slip_ons.jpg

My slip ons are not extremely loud, but they are louder and deeper than the stock pipes, I ride a lot at night and didnt want to be blasting the neighbors out of bed. But I'm extremely happy with them.

aerodawg-albums-aerodawg%27s+2010+fatboy+lo-picture7049-v_and_h_slip_ons.jpg
I really like the look of the slip ons . What brand?

Vance & Hines 3" Round Twin Slash Slip-ons - Black - FLSTF, FXSTD
These are plenty loud for me but some of the other guys I ride with have even louder pipes. Be prepared to spend.. when I added these $399.95, the Kuryakan master tune $424.99 and efi kit $139.95 and another $400 for the Dyno test these turned into some expensive slip ons last year. Some say you dont need to do all that but I figure Ill be riding the bike for many years so I went ahead and upgraded. The bike rides a lot smoother now especially with the high flow air filter. They look awesome, but they do chirp a little, I have another friend with them and his chirps as well.(sometimes when giving the gas it makes a sound like a bird chirping). Also on occasion it will decil pop, usually when giving the gas and then letting off suddenly ..the dealership have said its normal. My wife says she hears me way down the road at night on my way home, My friends love the looks of them. Visit the V&H website they have some awesome pipes/slipons. Also this forum has a lot of good info on slipons as well.

Back