free website stats program Ordered my 2011 Fatboy,,need advice | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ordered my 2011 Fatboy,,need advice

All the above is great advice and I'll add that the service manual is a must even if you aren't going to do all you're own wrenching. You will just learn so much from that manual about your ride. The parts book is also good with exploded pictures on how things go together. I would also like to say you won't get everything done to the bike in 1 round. It is a work in progress and you'll probably be adding or changing things in 2 years time. This is all part of the enjoyment of a Harley, so many options to chose from.

Check out WindVest site for windshields. I had the big HD on my 2010 FB, saw a FB with the WindVest on it, traded the HD in even for the 14" x 14" Wind Vest. Bike looks more sporty.
wilks3

AS I said in my new member post I took the 3 day safety course in October, haven't ridden much in a long time.

How about renting a Fatboy from the HD Dealership with FULL insurance and riding that for a week BEFORE you get on your brand new bike?

TQ

I had a 2010 FB. Good that you got the 2011. It has the emblem which I like better than the decal on the 2010.

It also has a tach where the odometer is. They moved the switch to the left grip to toggle between them. It also has a whole new wiring system than the 2010 did.

I just had a small windscreen on mine that connected to the handle bars. Looked cool but not the best for winter riding....

Agree w/others...get the bike, ride it for awhile to see what options are required & then go out searching for them. The dealership will want to sell you a gold-mine of accessories, but aviod the pressure & wait a bit. Enjoy the new scoot!!!

Picked up my 2011 Fatboy Lo first week of Jan, only been out twice for a few hours each. I had the Vance & Hines short shot staggered, a Dynojet Power commander V and screaming eagle air ket added at the dealer before I picked it up, was told that the 7 year extended warrenty would cover these add ons as well. The bike sounds and runs awsome could not be happier.

Check out WindVest site for windshields. I had the big HD on my 2010 FB, saw a FB with the WindVest on it, traded the HD in even for the 14" x 14" Wind Vest. Bike looks more sporty.
wilks3
Thanks again for all the help, is the Win Vest 14 x 14 windshield hard to install?

Welcome and good luck with the FB it is a sweet ride, go to the dealer and get the catalog order one from J&P cycles and anyone else you can think of and remember the skies the limit. When we purchased the Misses Heritage we worked out the numbers agreed to the price and then as I filled out the check all that was left to do was sign it, I stated I wanted a jacket for my wife to seal the deal. After some haggeling and me stating that there where 3 other dealers within 100 miles and it doesn't look as though to many people are rushing in to purchase bikes, we recieved the jacket and a helmet without me having to pay extra. Ended up with a really good deal, it is nice when paying cash as it makes for better negotiations on your part.
Good luck be safe and enjoy, just remember to smile with your mouth closed bugs taste nasty.

I bought my Fatboy used. I also had not ridden, for me over 20 years, due to military rotations and finances. I had to wait a couple of months to ride also due to a scheduled MSF Class, a requirement for Florida riders now. I found the Fatboy easy to learn on and handle. It all came back to me pretty quick. Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new ride!

Back