free website stats program oil in exhaust ports | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

oil in exhaust ports

yes im getting smole out of the tailpipe.
just did another compression test and got 90 from both cylinders. poured a teaspoon of oil in both and got 90 out of both

yes im getting smole out of the tailpipe.
just did another compression test and got 90 from both cylinders. poured a teaspoon of oil in both and got 90 out of both

How do the plugs look I bet they are oil fouling, Are you sure you have the valve seals installed correctly, alot of Shovel motors never even had seals from the factory, let alone with a new top end, it does not take much to ruin a new seal when assembling the heads JMO

yes the plugs are oil fouling and there are no valve seals on this aftermarket head. there is no oil on the valve step. i can see it from the exhaust port. dont tell me i need valve seals please.

yes the plugs are oil fouling and there are no valve seals on this aftermarket head. there is no oil on the valve step. i can see it from the exhaust port. dont tell me i need valve seals please.

Yep, that has been the problem with the Trouble Heads from the Factory, it is an easy machine shop fix:s

If this was a problem before the rebuild and I am sure it was, I would take both the heads off, check the guides one more time and put the seals on, I have fixed many Trouble Heads like this , sorry for the pun on a very good motor The Shovel Head:s

Back