free website stats program niagara falls ride report | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

niagara falls ride report

Day five:

we woke up and packed everything up and headed out. my wife wanted to do some shopping downtown so we walked around with her. the shops were cool. we did not spend nearly enough time in Mackinaw city. next time.

once shopping was done we mailed out some postcards to family back home and headed on our way. the plan was to head south along the coast of lake huron and eventually get to Bay City MI.

on previous trips with my wife we had some sort of helmet talking devices and they worked well. but we always borrowed them. this time we were unable to get some before we left. so i stopped into the harley dealer in Bay city to buy some. buying something so expensive without shopping around is something i don't do. but I could tell that my wife was getting bored not being able to talk to me without screaming. so i was going to buy them. the only thing that save me from buying on impulse was that the dealer only had one head set. that did nothing for us.

we were out of luck with the talking devices but in luck with good hospitality and a place to relax. the Bay City harley shop had a couple of couches, coffee, water, and popcorn that we enjoyed for free.

after resting we all decided not to go any further for the day. the plan was to find a nice cheap hotel/motel and get a good night sleep so we could make it to niagara falls the next day with enough time to do some things.

the hotel was nice and my wife and i enjoyed the pool area and met some people from minnesota and talked. found out we live within an hour of each other.

Attachments

• DSC07367.jpg
    DSC07367.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC07368.jpg
    DSC07368.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 27
Day Six:

the day started out with a sight we had not seen yet on this trip. Rain! not light rain but downpour rain. I was glad I bought some rubber overboots for my wife and I. since I don't have lowers the only thing that gets wet are my feet. well not anymore. we rode 30 or so min in a down pour and my wife's feet and mine were bone dry.

todays riding was interstate and expressway riding. not our first pick, but when we want to make up some time and get from point A to point B thats our best options. Niagara falls was our destination for the next two days. we wanted a much time as possible their so we rode long and hard. it worked because we got into Niagara Falls at about 3:30. sorry to everyone that lives in the area that we didn't hook up and ride together. (Kemo). next time.

Niagara falls (the city, Canada) was way different than I pictured it. it was like a mini Vegas/Carnival in the tourist area. it had a main drag/strip of wax museums and haunted houses. even the simple things like Burger King was made into a giant frankenstein eating a burger. way cool.

we eventually made it down to the falls. and let me tell you they are impressive. pictures don't do them justice. we spent hours walking and taking pictures. we were amazed. a must see in my opinion.

once it got dark they lit up the falls with big spot lights. then they changed the colors to represent the country each of the falls were on. way cool.

after that we walked back up the hill and found this little bar off the main drag with no glass in its windows. I understood why when we got closer and couldn't hear ourselves think because of how loud the band was. that was ok because we were not there to think. we were there to have a good time and listen to some really talented musicians. all in all a really great day.

pictures from day six:

Attachments

• DSC07410.jpg
    DSC07410.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC07382.jpg
    DSC07382.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC07379 - Version 2.jpg
    DSC07379 - Version 2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC07378 - Version 2.jpg
    DSC07378 - Version 2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC07374 - Version 2.jpg
    DSC07374 - Version 2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 31
more pic for day six:

Attachments

• DSC07418.jpg
    DSC07418.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC07419.jpg
    DSC07419.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC07430.jpg
    DSC07430.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC07440.jpg
    DSC07440.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC07454.jpg
    DSC07454.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 35
Sorry that we couldn't meet up Marcus. We are only a few minutes off the 401 and only about 2 1/2 hours from N/F. If you are coming back this way email me. Glad that you and the wife had a good trip and ride safe.
Ken

Great pics. It's been about 10 yrs since I've been there with my family. The falls are really impressive.
If you get a chance, do the behind the falls tour. It takes you under and behind the falls for a different view.

Enjoy your trip..

Back