free website stats program niagara falls ride report | Harley Davidson Forums

niagara falls ride report

marcus22

ok my wife, dad, and i went on a road trip to niagara falls this june. being from minnesota, we went on the south side of lake superior and lake huron on the way there, and on the north side on the way back. we try and do something at least one a year. this is our first long trip together. so here it is

Day one:

my dad on his 94 tour glide and my wife and i on my 03 ultra met up in taylors falls, MN. we rode on to birchwood, WI for my uncles wedding. it wasn't the longest day of riding but it was by far the coldest. about a half hour west of birchwood we saw a huge black bear in the road. i have seen lots of black bears but none came close to this ones size. no pics. didn't have the camera out. we got to our motel, changed and headed to the wedding. its a small town so everything is really close together. after the wedding my uncle had his reception at his cabin on the lake. good music, good people, good beer, and a great time. if you are ever in the minnesota area have a Grain Belt premium. its the only beer that my family drinks. pictures to follow.

Combining family with a long ride. Can't get much better than that!! Ride safe and take lots of pictures.

still trying to figure out my new mac computer. but more pic from day one:

Attachments

• DSC07097.jpg
    DSC07097.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC07110 - Version 2.jpg
    DSC07110 - Version 2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 51
Day Two:

after a long night of celebrating my uncles wedding we got up, ate and left Birchwood at around noon. had about 270 miles to go to Copper harbor MI. very nice riding in Chequamegon national forest. a friend told us to take GG through it and it was worth it. We had the best riding weather. sunny but cold enough to wear a jacket so no need for sun screen. the sun was at our backs the whole day. we arrived in Copper harbor around 8pm and found a cabin for $100. very nice small cozy cabin. it was getting dark so we went down to the lake and got some really cool pictures with the sun setting. great day in all.

Day two Pics:
my wife was a little tired and slept almost the whole day. i don't know how she does it.

Attachments

• DSC07139 - Version 2.jpg
    DSC07139 - Version 2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC07135 - Version 2.jpg
    DSC07135 - Version 2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC07132 - Version 2.jpg
    DSC07132 - Version 2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC07118.jpg
    DSC07118.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 66
more pics from day two.

on hwy 41 we took a left on hwy 26 to follow the shoreline. interesting road: no ditches, trees a foot off the pavement making it feel like we were in a tunnel, and a speed limit sign that said 55. we never did more than 40mph

Attachments

• DSC07142.jpg
    DSC07142.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC07166.jpg
    DSC07166.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC07152.jpg
    DSC07152.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 57
Back