New Ultra Owners: Standby your windshield replacement.

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by yharley, Sep 8, 2010.

1. yharley

yharley Member

Many opinions about windshields have been offered on this board. But, which windshield offers the looks and performance you would standby? How many inches below or above your eyes works, when it comes to the windshield height? How has the dark,light tint or clear shield worked for you? My hope is to only purchase one time.

2. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

:lolrolling

3. dcfatboy

dcfatboy Active Member

Doc, now that is funny. :D

4. 2000classic

2000classic Active Member

You beat me to it Doc. :rofl
    I have 4 for 1 bike!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  5. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

It's only funny because I am the proud owner of 5 different windshields sitting in the garage and I just knew the first one I ordered was going to be perfect and solve all of my problems!

I'm sure I'm the only dummy that did this, though! :p

6. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

The book will say something like top of windshield 2-3 inches below your line of sight. I like mine above my line of sight so I am looking through the windshield.

So, what ever YOU want.

TQ

7. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Great reply Doc. I guess that there is no such thing as perfect, cause we are human.
    kemo

8. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

The color is only a contrast. A light smoke you can still see through especially cresting a hill. As to height you want to see over with out having to stretch while sitting in saddle. Alot of great reviews on recurve windshields. Try sitting on different bikes to get a feel to what is right for you.

9. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

:rofl:rofl I only have 4 (so far), for my Electra Glide. I'm happiest with my 10" Clarks contour, dark tint. IMO its best feature is the extra width makes the radio sound noticeably better. And it was under $50 delivered. Now if it was only a tiny bit taller.........:D

Attached Files:

10. yharley

yharley Member

Your killing man! smile