free website stats program New Ultra Owners: Standby your windshield replacement. | Harley Davidson Forums

New Ultra Owners: Standby your windshield replacement.

yharley

Many opinions about windshields have been offered on this board. But, which windshield offers the looks and performance you would standby? How many inches below or above your eyes works, when it comes to the windshield height? How has the dark,light tint or clear shield worked for you? My hope is to only purchase one time.

Doc, now that is funny. :D

It's only funny because I am the proud owner of 5 different windshields sitting in the garage and I just knew the first one I ordered was going to be perfect and solve all of my problems!

I'm sure I'm the only dummy that did this, though! :p

The book will say something like top of windshield 2-3 inches below your line of sight. I like mine above my line of sight so I am looking through the windshield.

So, what ever YOU want.

TQ

Great reply Doc. I guess that there is no such thing as perfect, cause we are human.
kemo

The color is only a contrast. A light smoke you can still see through especially cresting a hill. As to height you want to see over with out having to stretch while sitting in saddle. Alot of great reviews on recurve windshields. Try sitting on different bikes to get a feel to what is right for you.

It's only funny because I am the proud owner of 5 different windshields sitting in the garage and I just knew the first one I ordered was going to be perfect and solve all of my problems!

I'm sure I'm the only dummy that did this, though! :p

:rofl:rofl I only have 4 (so far), for my Electra Glide. I'm happiest with my 10" Clarks contour, dark tint. IMO its best feature is the extra width makes the radio sound noticeably better. And it was under $50 delivered. Now if it was only a tiny bit taller.........:D

Attachments

• halfmoon contour 10 inch.jpg
    halfmoon contour 10 inch.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 63
Back