free website stats program New Bike. Extended Warranty?? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Bike. Extended Warranty??

Most people completely over look the fact that you can get a refund on an extended warranty. I got a very big portion back on a warranty I had on an 03 but they send it back to the purchasing dealer and not to the customer so you have to follow through on it.

The dealer where I bought the 03 never notified me that they got the refund check until I contacted them about it a few months later, then they sent it to me.

That has to be the best warranty I've ever heard of. Most aren't worth the paper they're written on these days.

I was doubtful when I checked into it and pleasantly surprised when I got the refund. I believe it has to be a contract with that clause in it for it to work.

I could see the dealership making an offer like that to close a deal. But for me, I would never get the store credit because the manager (at the time) died or is doing time for cooking the books.
That's the way my Luck rolls.:)

I could see the dealership making an offer like that to close a deal. But for me, I would never get the store credit because the manager (at the time) died or is doing time for cooking the books.
That's the way my Luck rolls.:)

You know what they say about "A bird in the hand":s

Yep I have it in writing!

I'm sure something similar to this could happen,, or it least it would happen to me. Your 7 months away from making it to the end of the 3 years without a warranty claim. While riding the bike, you happen to hear a rear wheel bearing starting to go out. Do you bring it in under a warranty claim and surely loose the $1,000 rebate or do you take it to an INDY and pay to get it fixed.

I am really not sure what I would do.

I'm sure something similar to this could happen,, or it least it would happen to me. Your 7 months away from making it to the end of the 3 years without a warranty claim. While riding the bike, you happen to hear a rear wheel bearing starting to go out. Do you bring it in under a warranty claim and surely loose the $1,000 rebate or do you take it to an INDY and pay to get it fixed.

I am really not sure what I would do.

The cost of a wheel bearing is $12 and by the book it only takes a half an hour of labor so any where from $35-$50 so total cost would be around $50-$60 that they would pay and your co pay on that is $50 so u would deff. be ahead to just pay for it yourself and not make a claim.

Speaking of wheel bearings let me share what just happened to me regarding the extended warranty. A couple of weeks ago I was riding along and had the rear wheel bearing puke it's guts out (the ride coasting to the curb was interesting). Anyway got the bike hauled to the dealer they looked at it and said that the bearing had damaged the rear wheel, spacers and some other parts. The great extended warranty would only pay for the bearings not the related damage caused by the bearings. I appealed the decision and got nowhere. The extended warranty is not through Harley and they don't care if the bearing caused the other damage they say that their warranty only covers the wheel if it's damaged by a "road hazard" which this wasn't. So, I'm thinking that after having to fork out $640 for what in my mind should have been a covered warranty item - extended warranty = not such a great deal! It comes down to buyer beware!

Back