free website stats program New Bike. Extended Warranty?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

New Bike. Extended Warranty??

Yes the warranty is a little pricey, but I think well worth it if you have problems, I bought the 7 year on sportster, and transferred it to my softail when I traded. I haven't had any issues but front end wobble which turned out to be combination of fallaway and spoke tennsion. No problem the dearlership covered it.

I purchased the 3 year plan, with an extended warranty I beleive they take care of you a little better.
I went back once after buying mine to have a new fuel guage installed.
Now I think once you drive away from the dealer that normally wouldn't be covered but I had no problem getting it replaced.
Someone in the showroom or wherever twisted the guage thinking it was a gas cap and it would pop out while cleaning it.
There are those break downs that could catch you by surprise and that's when it helps to have the coverage.
It's a gamble. I didn't want to spend too much so just went with a 3 year but I plan to have the bike longer.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and I maintaine my bike miticulously. I go over every critical bolt torque. adjust the fallaway,
adjust clutch, lube cables,change my fluids with the absolute best oil money can buy. Constantly checking and rechecking it over.
Tighten battery cables,remove, clean relays and fuses and reassemble using dielectric grease.
You have to try and stay ahead of the potential problems.
I ride my bike hard but go easy on the clutch and shifts hoping to get a long haul out of it.

That's what I firgured,it's factored into my payment so it's not so noticable at the end of the month.The bike is expensive as it is without not having the money to fix something after year 2,like someone already said,it's a gamble,but being transferable how can you go wrong.

I have the extended on mone,with tire and wheel and it has more than paid for itself.Just with the tire and wheel coverage was worth it.I have only bought 1 tire in 40,000 miles.

I got the extrended on "mone" too bieng it was the frist yeare of the 6 speid. Figred it was a good good invistement.:bigsmiley23:

Heck I paid $1700.00 for the best extended warranty when I bought my F-150! Seven years 100K miles! $2200.00 for a motorcycle is rediculous!

Doesn't take much of a repair these days to reach the total price of warranty or close to it. Lots of peace of mind. Adds to value of used bike if you sell. Seems like win, win to me. As to the warranty for your wife, I guess the question is how many miles does she ride yearly. When in doubt....buy it.

I paid $1099 for a 36 month extended warranty. If I don't have a claim against the warranty my dealer gives me back $1000 in store credit.

Back