free website stats program New 6 Speed Trans Problems | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

New 6 Speed Trans Problems

The Reason I go Easy is the "Shoe" system in chaincase that tensions the SLACK in the primary chain is not strong enough to hold High RPM's against it... IMO...

pulling it Hard the opposite direction that it is designed for.... as all the weight is put onto that little shoe and holder. Never had one fail But...

signed....BUBBIE

you havent seen the new system yet then i would guess on the 07 maybe but 08 up for sure its a huge shoe and you are not gonna torque it backwards as its a geared tooth setup and spring loading and a riot to put back in

well oldgeezer, i've had enough. i cannot reason with idiots and fools. they close ranks and stay lock-step. then they drag you down to their level and attack like wolves. you simply get beat up with stupidity. read my thread about the fluid. have to go where the service is great and the truth never hurts. sorry to get off topic.

There are no synchronizers in a Harley transmission.

If our trannys ere syncro mesh they would be a lot heavier with more rotatiing mass and much better shifting and we probably could not afford them. The MOCO is not going to change the design of the tranny any time soon, maybe add 1 more gear like Baker to a 7 speed LOL

you havent seen the new system yet then i would guess on the 07 maybe but 08 up for sure its a huge shoe and you are not gonna torque it backwards as its a geared tooth setup and spring loading and a riot to put back in

I have only seen it from the picts. and yes it looks beefy... I still have the Old School riding habits and probably never change from them... Good habits are hard to break.
Thanks

signed....BUBBIE

Ok, so if I buy a new HD cruiser, I cannot shift hard, and cannot use gears to slow down, that's part of the fun of riding a HD. I think I will keep my 1999 RK.

ihave never had any problem with the six speed tranny and i have owned three of them and rode them all pretty firm. last one 2008 electra glide put 50000 miles on it

also allways used red line heavey shock proof in all my trannys

Last edited by a moderator:
ihave never had any problem with the six speed tranny and i have owned three of them and rode them all pretty firm. last one 2008 electra glide put 50000 miles on it

also allways used red line heavey shock proof in all my trannys

Yep, You hit the nail right on the head!!!

I also ONLY use redline shockproof heavy and have had great results.. Many bikes and different tranny's.... The Others have their own opinions but You and I see Eye to Eye on redline... lots of members here swear by redline not at it!

I doubt if WE'll have any of the problems associated with the others out there who scoff at using red.

signed....BUBBIE

Back