Must-Have Tools?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Nikko684, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Nikko684

Nikko684 Active Member

This is more of an opinions thread I guess, But anyways, I was wondering something. What tools do you guys consider a Must-Have in your garage for working on your scoot? aside from the normal things like, ratchets and screwdrivers, zip ties and wrenches? I mean specific tools that make the job easier. even hand made tools. Post a picture if it's something different or odd! For instance a hand made motorcycle lift. I know torque wrench is a must have. What else? recommendations? reviews on brands? etc..

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. Nikko684

Nikko684 Active Member

Thanks Glider. I looked through it. For sure there was a few interesting thing. But I noted that it's an older post, There is a lot of new members since then! Lets see if anybody else had any great ideas! I'm just curious, because people come up with some of the craziest, but yet functional tools! (bored at work, lol)

4. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Not that it's a tool but a can or two of sea foam, run a oz or 2 every 3rd tank and your scoot will thank you.:s

5. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I tend to have some wood laying around and at times build something if I need it
    Compressor with a range of air tools (my compressor is a v twin)
    Wrecking bar
    Large C clamp various uses

And lots of other stuff as many things can be adapted or misused to get a task completed

Brian

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Snap Ring pliers, torx bits:s

7. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

I'm no wrench,but in my saddlebags I keep a 1/2 in,and 7/16 wrench.Set of torx,and allen wrenches.Which is almost all the tools I have.

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Seafoam has been around a long time, it is a great top end cleaner, try some in your gas tank:s Homepage - Sea Foam Sales Company

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  9. Nikko684

Nikko684 Active Member

Thanks again Jack. Good info. I've never seen that stuff before. looks like I'm hitting Autozone after work, lol.

10. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

I also pour a little in my oil prior to a oil change, add about a oz take her for a warm up ride and drain out the old oil. Helps clean out the bottom end as well.