free website stats program multisurface pledge is the bomb! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

multisurface pledge is the bomb!

PLEASE HELP!!! I have seen so many post about this and for some reason I can't seem to get the same results. I have tried a dozen times but get smear marks that won't rub out even with a new clean fiber cloth. It seems to do a GREAT job untill I put my bike in the sun. I have a 08 Ultra Classic with Purple Haze paint. I have tried two kinds of pledge and both had the same results. Would love to be part of the Pledge Lovers but 4 me the best way to clean my bike is plane water, car wash soap when done leaf blower then wipe chrome with shammy.:newsmile08::newsmile08::newsmile08:

PLEASE HELP!!! I have seen so many post about this and for some reason I can't seem to get the same results. I have tried a dozen times but get smear marks that won't rub out even with a new clean fiber cloth. It seems to do a GREAT job untill I put my bike in the sun. I have a 08 Ultra Classic with Purple Haze paint. I have tried two kinds of pledge and both had the same results. Would love to be part of the Pledge Lovers but 4 me the best way to clean my bike is plane water, car wash soap when done leaf blower then wipe chrome with shammy.:newsmile08::newsmile08::newsmile08:

It takes alot less than you would think. Are you applying it to the microfiber towel (recommended) or directly to the paint? The only thing I will spray it directly on is a really dirty windshield. Spray some, sparingly on the towel, wipe down and re-wipe with a fresh towel. At least thats how it works for me.

Could possibly be a traight of the Purple Haze Paint if that does not work??

I've been using it since the 60's (lemon pledge) and never had a problem with smearing. I spray directly on the paint and use old "T" shirts to remove it. Possibly you are applying too much Pledge? That would cause streaking but it should wipe off with another clean rag if you are over applying.

Maybe the clearcoat is scratched, which could be bad. Always be carefull and use clean cloths if dropped, DO NOT USE IT WASH it.:(

As with all waxes the thinner it is spread the better the application. How about your windshield? Does it smear there too? If it does then I would say you might be applying it to heavily because I always use it on my stock windshield and it works great there. It should work great there for you too.
Hope you get it ironed out because it is also great at removing bugs on the lowers & fairing. :)

Had to let the guys out here pushing pledge for cleaning a bike that I tried it for the first time tonight. That stuff is the greatest! Washed my ride with low pressure hose.....air dry with a leaf blower......got out the multisurface pledge andwent over the whole bike......awesome shine and no h20 spots. It also seemed to disolve some of the dried bugs!

Now where are you going to ride since you have SOooooo much more time now that you have come to the Pledge side....:laugh:laugh:)

As with all waxes the thinner it is spread the better the application. How about your windshield? Does it smear there too? If it does then I would say you might be applying it to heavily because I always use it on my stock windshield and it works great there. It should work great there for you too.
Hope you get it ironed out because it is also great at removing bugs on the lowers & fairing. :)

Great point and NO it works well on winshield and chrome only looks bad on PAINT? Could be just the clear coat don't know??
Thanks for all the replys.

I agree, the peldge is awesome. I never even heard of using it until I read it on here. Works great chrome, paint, windshield... It's the same as Windex for the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding it works on everything:D

Turtle Wax Black Box: Better than Pledge?
Will this get me "poofed" or banned?
Did a good clean up of the RG yesterday, to hot to ride, washed it, pulled it in the garage where the AC was nice, removed bags/seat/fairing etc.
Used the Black Box system from Turtle wax, and I am impressed, it is a multi-step package, a cleaner,remover/detailer/wax, all with black pigments in the liquids in the solutions. Some small stone chips,hairline scratches, etc. on the lower fenders etc.
After about 4 hours of clean up the bike ,about 20K miles looks like new.
A lot more work than Pledge, but once or twice a year I think this will be a regular deal for me. As far as I know it's only for black paint, don't know if they have anything like it for other colors.
Will still use Pledge for normal clean up...it works well.

Back