free website stats program Moustache engine guards | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Moustache engine guards

Thanks for your replies,much appreciated,will carry on researching to see if any of my club members no of anyone local who has them or similar to try out,gonna cost upwards of £330 so need to be sure,thanks again fellas.

In my post, (#6) you'll see in the photos, I have a "moustache bar" not engine guard. I guess my bad, I misunderstood. I was thinking of the footpegs and legroom, not the engine guard idea. Guess it's an alternative, but not exactly what you were talking about.

You've probably found a solution by now, but after having the conventional engine guard on my last ride I wanted something different this time around. I too have a little trouble with "legroom" up front. I found the appropriate offsets and pegs to make the moustache bar work comfortably for me.

I have one and really like it I am 5 10 and they give me pleanty of options on were I put my legs

Ok - probably a dumm question on my behalf BUT ---- In Gilligan's post/pic ,he has what I THOUGHT were the "moustache" style guards and in Michaelzz28's post/pic these were standard engine guards???? Just wondering !?:cheers

Ok - probably a dumm question on my behalf BUT ---- In Gilligan's post/pic ,he has what I THOUGHT were the "moustache" style guards and in Michaelzz28's post/pic these were standard engine guards???? Just wondering !?:cheers
Mustache Engine Guard
Combine classic shape and modern function for a unique twist on engine protection. The flow of this engine guard complements the traditional style of FL Softail® models, while the gracefully curved upper section incorporates highway pegs into the shape. The integrated rubber pads offer a comfortable and slip-resistant cushion for your feet while traveling the open road. One-piece engine guard kit includes all required mounting hardware.
HD part number 49140-05B

this is what I have on my bike

Mustache engine guard takes a bit to get used to...I seem to recall a straight square section frame mounted guard with twists just past the frame mount to which you could attach adjustable footpegs...it did not stick out as far either, but the ones I saw were back in the 1980's, do not know if they still make 'em.

Below is a photo of a true moustache . This one folds out to extend the leg room. Hope it shows up good.:cheers Click on photo to enlarge

Attachments

• DIGI0005.JPG
    DIGI0005.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 49
Below is a photo of a true moustache . This one folds out to extend the leg room. Hope it shows up good.:cheers Click on photo to enlarge

Take another or post a different pic. straight on of the scoot. can't really see the bars.

Hiya Michaelzz28,these are the ones that ive been lookin at in my local HD,i was right in thinkin that they are directly over the foot controls,av you come across anyone who's got a set and knw their opinion on them,realise its personal choice but always better to have a riders thoughts rather than the HD shops,thanks

Thanks for your replies,much appreciated,will carry on researching to see if any of my club members no of anyone local who has them or similar to try out,gonna cost upwards of £330 so need to be sure,thanks again fellas.

These guys have them for a lot less and I believe they would ship to you

Mustache Engine Guard

Back