free website stats program Moustache engine guards | Harley Davidson Forums

Moustache engine guards

DANNY MC

Hi,anyone got these (moustache guards) on and if so how comfy are they when you use the built-on cruisin insert,they seem a lot lower than the regular guards ive seen,cheers:small3d007:

I am not too pleased with mine. Can't put my hands on the problem, Just not as comfy as wanted. Am six feet tall. 200 lbs just don't quite fit me

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Im 5'11 so may have same prob,not decided on gettin them yet,its just that those inserts seem to be directly over brake pedal and gear lever instead of to the sides like traditional cruisin pegs,is that what feels a bit weird ?

Don't have any first hand experience with them but a buddy of mine has them on an 03 Heritage and I haven't heard any complaints from him.

Hi,anyone got these (moustache guards) on and if so how comfy are they when you use the built-on cruisin insert,they seem a lot lower than the regular guards ive seen,cheers:small3d007:

Bought the HD and put it on my 2008 Classic -- and couldn't wrap my legs around the tank to use it!!!

That new 6-gallon tank on the 2008 (and newer) touring bikes is really fat.

Stick with a regular engine guard and attach a set of pegs to it.

You've probably found a solution by now, but after having the conventional engine guard on my last ride I wanted something different this time around. I too have a little trouble with "legroom" up front. I found the appropriate offsets and pegs to make the moustache bar work comfortably for me.

Attachments

• 100_1969.jpg
    100_1969.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 85
  • VH1.jpg
    VH1.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 89
I have one and really like it I am 5 10 and they give me pleanty of options on were I put my legs

Attachments

• 100_1286.jpg
    100_1286.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 75
JMO,but I just don't like the looks of the moustache engine guards.

Maybe it's my imagination but I was looking in a mag that I get and it showed a pic of the moustache engine guard in one pic and the stock HD in another and it appears that the moustache engine guard has a lower section much lower than the HD unit. To me it looked as if it would ground out sooner because of the shape of it being a bit more square than the HD unit.

Back