free website stats program Motorcycle Adventure To California | Page 30 | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Adventure To California

Jack, you were the first one to get me interested in this topic. I followed your trip first and got hooked. Thank YOU!

Thanks for your words, flipper. Getting the bug to hit the highway yet? Let me know. I might go along with you. :59:

Pru,
I have just been able to read from page 23 to the current page and I am glad that you returned home safe and had such a fantastic trip. Thank you for the great daily updates and pictures while on the road. As others have said, it has been great riding along with you. Now time to get back to my updates.:D

It’s hard to believe that two weeks ago, almost to the minute, I was pulling into Murdo, SD at the end of day 24 of my adventure. Don’t ask me where the time has gone. I got a call yesterday from my local Harley dealer informing me my saddlebag locks were in. I rode the deuce to get them and installed the broken one without any trouble. As I have read all the comments to this thread many times, one of the last, posted by Cleftwynd, got me to thinking about the broken lock scenario. He stated “Luckily, that was the only issue you had on your trip other than needing to replace a worn out rear skin”. He is correct, and although I had worked my way up the MoCo chain of command as far as Willie G’s personal assistant, I decided I should, in fact feel fortunate that was the only issue I had. I knew the rear tire was going to need replacing on the trip, so that was a non-issue. It was not worth squealing about such a trivial item once I got it put in perspective. If I counted correctly, 41 members of HDT posted comments to my adventure; most more than once, many, numerous times. You will never know how much I appreciated the feedback and encouragement while on this once in a lifetime adventure from all of you. If any of you ever get around Skinquarter, VA and need frosty malt throat dust remover, let me know and they will be available.

O.K., Mad Dog. I've been waiting to ask you this question. Just where the heck is Skinquarter, VA. Sounds like a place that would be next to a village called Dirty Ankle.

O.K., Mad Dog. I've been waiting to ask you this question. Just where the heck is Skinquarter, VA. Sounds like a place that would be next to a village called Dirty Ankle.

I'm wondering the same thing, Mad Dog. I just looked in the atlas for Virginia towns, and can't find it. The Wife and I are going to be riding the Skyline Drive and Bluegrass parkways next week and also taking the tail of the dragon if we have time. Would like to have that malt with you and discuss our trips. Jack

Just looked at Google Maps. Looks like Skinquarter, VA is about 25 miles southwest of Richmond, VA on Highway 360.

And, as Gas Gauge so helpfully pointed out, it is next to Chesterfield Berry Farm.:)

Back