free website stats program Motorcycle Adventure To California | Harley Davidson Forums

Motorcycle Adventure To California

pru7536

Well, the day I have been waiting for has arrived and it is now time to take the geezer glide out and do what it was built for; going on a long trip. I feel fortunate to have been told about this site last year and I have certainly picked up some valuable tips since I have been here. Some of the most useful were posted by other riders that have documented their adventures; “RetiredJake”, “09ULTRASTEVE”, “jaceddie” and several others. Although severely cyber-challenged, I had the missus pick up a mini computer that I could take with me in order to post my progress. We shall see how it goes. My first stop will be to my sister’s house 210 miles away. This may prove to be the most important stop as I am counting on my computer wizard brother in law to give me some quick computer lessons on the new HP mini 210. The ultimate objective is to get to the Pacific Coast Highway and see the big trees, which I have never seen. There will be plenty of stops at other places, but this is probably one of the all time least planned motorcycle adventures ever undertaken. I will go to where I end up, then do it again the next day. Hopefully I will meet some HDT members along the way!

This picture was taken at 0730, May 25, 2010 headed out for my first stop.

232323232%7Ffp53397%3Enu%3D42%3B%3B%3E657%3E238%3EWSNRCG%3D3475%3C25296329nu0mrj

Ride safe and enjoy. whis that I was going on that trip too. Big Sur is one of the most beautiful mountain areas I have been to.

Fair winds and following seas my friend. Hopefully, we will meet up one of these days.

Should the opportunity arise, riding the northern coast of CA is absolutely stunning. There is a section called the Lost Coast. Ride the area if you get there.

Lots of good things to see on the California coast. I've sent you an e-mail, Pru7536. I live mid-way between Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo and will be happy to show you the sights.

Looking forward to riding along on my computers... can't wit. Post every day if you can !!

Well Pru,Looks like alot of us will be waiting on the pics.and reports.Ride safe my friend and enjoy your trip.:57:

Back