free website stats program Mat 60...Race Cars | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mat 60...Race Cars

Thanks for posting them Mat. The cars look so cool, we have a lot of asphalt oval track weekend racers down in Florida. I've known a few of um. They all were broke while they raced but like you they loved it. We used to go watch um when we were younger. Fact we had a big racetrack only 3 miles from our house. But the track closed down a few years ago and we quit going more years than that ago.

Besides that is the first picture I've ever seen of you. The races down here always had a fist fight or two after crashups, and you prolly had those up there too. Nice looking cars guy.

I dont look anything like them pictures aneymore..:lolrolling...In fact let me get this over with ,,,,Here is me trying to sell some furniture.....Try not to hurt yourself laughing..:s..Oh the women say I have a nice bed..:D

Attachments

• Scan_Pic0056.jpg
    Scan_Pic0056.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Scan_Pic0057.jpg
    Scan_Pic0057.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 35
I dont look anything like them pictures aneymore..:lolrolling...In fact let me get this over with ,,,,Here is me trying to sell some furniture.....Try not to hurt yourself laughing..:s..Oh the women say I have a nice bed..:D

Ya got to ask yourself Are you HAPPY? I would say so:s

Ya got to ask yourself Are you HAPPY? I would say so:s

In this old life that is all that matters Jack.

Mat I used to race as well.I have raced Enduro,Street stock,Cascar and my favourites open modified 4 wheel drive and sand drags.Did good at it too.Even beat Kurt Leduc in his prime a few times.
I still have a Thunder car that Ken was bugging me about the last few years,asking me when I was going to take it off of the trailer and do something with it.

And we have another racer......Nothing like it is there Steve....I bet Ken was a great guy...If I may say I have read some of his older post and doing so makes my wish I would have got to no him myself.....Very sorry about ken.......Steve...If you ever did pull the car out if you dont mind me saying you could do something on the car in memory of Ken....Sorry ...Didnt mean to get you down today......PS..It seams as I get older, things like this realy get to me....I guess Im no tuff guy...Mat

And we have another racer......Nothing like it is there Steve....I bet Ken was a great guy...If I may say I have read some of his older post and doing so makes my wish I would have got to no him myself.....Very sorry about ken.......Steve...If you ever did pull the car out if you dont mind me saying you could do something on the car in memory of Ken....Sorry ...Didnt mean to get you down today......PS..It seams as I get older, things like this realy get to me....I guess Im no tuff guy...Mat

Nothing like the thrill of a good race Mat.I think my boys may run the car this year.
My little river boat that Ken picked up for me is going to be named Kemo.
After things are settled here I am headed to Florida to register it and put it into storage until next year,by then I may feel like using it.

Ah...small town oval-track racing is certainly exciting & entertaining. My older/younger brothers both dabbled in dirt-track (Hobby Stock, Pure Stock & Pro-4 Mod). Really miss watching them race - always tried to catch a few Friday nite oval-track events while I was home on leave. Looks like you had a fun career and...you're never too old to get back behind the wheel. We have drivers back home that still run & they're in their 60's...keeps 'em young!

Iceman.....I think we need to get you behind the wheel.......:)

I did get to pack the track once...while out there they threw green so we could run @ race speed. Totally exhilirating & you should've seen my brothers eyes when I returned to pits b/c they weren't expecting the "hot laps." Car came back in one piece - whew!

My neighbour Julian Buesink used to run in the old sprint cup days. Used to have a garage here where I live. They always had vehicles around here. I guess he was instrumental in the beginning of NASCAR. They always had good stories and some videos of some of their racing. It sure looked like a lot of fun!

BRIAN

Mat I never got into racing cars but I did race motocross for 12 years and hydroplanes for 14 years. There is nothing like the raceing community and the fun of being with friends and family on race weekends. The saying I remember from racing that goes with what most here say is nothing makes you run fast like cubic dollars!! Still some of the best times I've had are at the races.

Back