free website stats program Mat 60...Race Cars | Harley Davidson Forums

Mat 60...Race Cars

mat 60

Back until about 1995 I had a lot of fun racing short tracks in Maine..If you dont mind here is a couple of my cars...I raced over 13 years...I won a lot of races and spent a lot of money...Ill tell you, if I had the time and funds even at 51 I would be racing again in a minute..This may sound funny but I have never enjoyed anything more than being in a racecar...Yes I love riding my harley...Mat....Ya..Im not much to look at but you should see me now..:s

Attachments

• Scan_Pic0101.jpg
    Scan_Pic0101.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Scan_Pic0102.jpg
    Scan_Pic0102.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Scan_Pic0103.jpg
    Scan_Pic0103.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Scan_Pic0105.jpg
    Scan_Pic0105.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Scan_Pic0104.jpg
    Scan_Pic0104.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 41
Hey Mat it looks more like a Demo Derby then a race. I bet those days were a blast. Bet you made some great memories......:s

Hey Mat it looks more like a Demo Derby then a race. I bet those days were a blast. Bet you made some great memories......:s

Ya..I had to show my crash....I remember it like yesterday...New motor that week started in the rear made it up to sec and cut a right front tire and away we went..Had a lot of work to do that week....Man what fun..:D

Mat I'm sure you have heard "keep the rubber side down!". Thanks for sharing your experiences with racing.
WAP.gif

I use to have a dirt late model that I ran for a few year. You are right about it taking tons of $ and being a blast. If i still had the time $ and sponcers I would be racing still. There is nothing like a good ole dirt track on Saturday night.

If you guys dont mind.....I think these cars look better..:)

Attachments

• Scan_Pic0107.jpg
    Scan_Pic0107.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Scan_Pic0108.jpg
    Scan_Pic0108.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 37
Thanks for posting them Mat. The cars look so cool, we have a lot of asphalt oval track weekend racers down in Florida. I've known a few of um. They all were broke while they raced but like you they loved it. We used to go watch um when we were younger. Fact we had a big racetrack only 3 miles from our house. But the track closed down a few years ago and we quit going more years than that ago.

Besides that is the first picture I've ever seen of you. The races down here always had a fist fight or two after crashups, and you prolly had those up there too. Nice looking cars guy.

Hi......He sponsored me for years and I drove his car in 95...

OK, so your talking the Shawn days of Jonathans. That place is in my back yard, my wife grew up across the street... My father-in-law raced at Windsor on the dirt track back a few decades ago... Nice pics! By the way, I'm going sleddin on Sunday!

Back