free website stats program Lowering kit or lowering shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

Lowering kit or lowering shocks

cowjammer

Does any one have experience with using the kits ?
I was wondering what to use the kit or buy different shocks?
The kits I have seen are kinda tacky...The Burly brand just has one side of the bracket welded . Maybe there isn't much force on them and they dont
need any more but they just seem weak ? Any Ideas on the subject are greatly appreciated...Thx, Jammer

cowjammer if your going to do it do it right, replace the shocks with shorter ones. I have experience taking lowering kits off for travelers that have had problems, tires rubbing, alignment issues that affect handling, plus they change the angle of the shocks. Have some friends that use them too. Your choice.

I slammed my Ultra 1in with the Ness lowering kit. Then I put an Reach seat
(another 1in and moved forward) and bike handles like a way smaller bike. You
don't feel like there's 900lb under you (maybe 600) and handles way lighter ( at least mine does)

Take care & ride safe eh!!:D

I used a lowering kit ( $35.00 ebay) due to the high cost of the shocks.
I'd have gone with the shocks if finances would have allowed.
These are the best I could fine for the money.
do a search on ebay for road6coustoms

Does any one have experience with using the kits ?
I was wondering what to use the kit or buy different shocks?
The kits I have seen are kinda tacky...The Burly brand just has one side of the bracket welded . Maybe there isn't much force on them and they dont
need any more but they just seem weak ? Any Ideas on the subject are greatly appreciated...Thx, Jammer

had both. old ultra had a lowering kit, it bottomed out sometime when the wife was aboard, and no she is not that heavy. (129) or so. this ultra has short shocks and its soooo much better. no bottom out. so I guess you could say I like the shocks better.

Go with shorter (lower) shocks, especially if you have air shocks now. I have tried the mechanical lowering brackets and did not like them.

TQ

Had the cheep lowering kit on my 09 SG, made it ride rough, their off now and will be going with adjustable shocks now.

I lowered mine an inch in the rear using Progressive shocks and 13/4 in the front using the progressive kit. Rides and handles great

I used white bro's 1" lowering kit in the rear,and later took my 13" long shocks off and used a set of chrome SG 12" . am running a 18" wheel on the rear-160. after that every bump was felt. i changed the oil wt in the shocks from 5wt to 10 wt and then to 15wt no help,put the stock 13" back on , but changed the oil in them to 15wt, now with tour pack,old lady, I only run 20 pounds of air in the shocks, rides like a range rover on bags..

I used a lowering kit ( $35.00 ebay) due to the high cost of the shocks.
I'd have gone with the shocks if finances would have allowed.
These are the best I could fine for the money.
do a search on ebay for road6coustoms

I put this kit on my road king and did not lower the frontend, it was a mistake! I dropped it one inch and it handled bad , developed a low speed wobble and we bottomed out once. that one bottom out tore the wireing harness out from under the rear fender. (what a pain in the rear that was to fix!. needless to say I put it back like it was and am saving up to do it right. (front and rear together) .just like hobbit said use the right part for the job.

Back