free website stats program Lower fairings on a Road king ?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lower fairings on a Road king ??

I have the EG hard lowers on my RK & very happy with how they look and work. I added in some vents for the summer & close them off when cold.

I have the Ultra Limited so it's a different bike, but I can tell you about the hard lowers vs. not having them as I had a 2000 Road King before. I like the hard lowers in the cold and wet season, they get a tad hot in the summer as I ride in 90+ heat most of the summer, even with the vents open. As far as the glove boxes I never really used them so I put speakers in them about three weeks ago and they sound great. I never really thought about lowers of any kind when I had my RK, and in the summer it's nice to have all that air, but the trade off of cold weather riding and now speakers I'm glad I have them. Many friends rode with the nylon lowers in the cold weather and they seemed to like them. Hope this helps.....

I added the vented lowers on my 09 RK when I bought it. I have them for medical reasons, I'm on coumadin and when something hist my leg it takes forever to heal. They work great and I think they look great too. I have the quick release hardware but only take them off for the thorough detailing and it's a pain putting them back on. I also have them on the Ultra. I swapped bikes with a bud a few weeks ago for the ride home. He has a 10 RK w/o the lowers and sure enough, a rock hit my good leg on the freeway, hurt like heck but glad it was the good leg. I think lowers makes the RK look "buff" and I have had a lot of compliments on the way it looks. Of course, it's whatever you like on "your" bike that counts.

I don't know anybody that has them on their RK, but I saw a RK last summer that had the hard lowers on it and I thought that it looked pretty good. I was thinking about getting a set for my SG with the removable hardware but they sure seem expensive. I do have soft lowers and they work OK, just not as good as the hard lowers.

You know, come to think of it, I haven't seen any RK's w/hard lowers...bet it would look sweet - kind'a like a chopped touring. Anyone hae them - show the pics pls.

Back