Lower fairings on a Road king ??

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by SunCruise, Mar 31, 2011.

1. SunCruise

SunCruise Banned

I love the Road Kings' versatility. Dress it up...then take any or all back off to suit the day or your mood etc.. Before I settle on soft lowers or chaps
    Is anyone using the hard lower fairings on any of the Kings ? Vented..painted..speakers? Got Pics ? What would you call it... Electra-King !!
    SC

2. drbillk

drbillk Banned

Not sure I'd like the look of hard lowers on a RK. Of course, not my ride. I ride with a friend that has the soft lowers... looks really good. With that said, there's a company I've seen advertising leather covered hard lowers... that might look pretty awesome on a RK.

3. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

ive got um vented not speakers yet but i been thinking on it

4. SunCruise

SunCruise Banned

I saw them too. They go good with the leather sadddlebags. I just put matched hard bags on and got to thinkin....hmmm
    SC

5. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

I got a set of the nylon ones from HD per Gliders recomendation, and he was right. great for when the roads are a little wet to when it is cold out. roll them, stick a rubber band around them and throw them in the saddlebags.
    I would rather these than the hard ones, cause where do you put them when you are out on a trip and want more air.
    I love my RK because of the versatility.
    Recently got a Detachable fairing with radio for long highway trips
    detaches in 30 seconds

Attached Files:

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

I saw a RK with the hard lowers on it and it really looked great. I would prefer the soft lowers myself, they do the job and are easy on and off.

[​IMG]

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Good set up Pretty Blue Bike:s

8. sprinklerfitter669

Thanks Jack !! :bigsmiley23::bigsmiley23:

9. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Good to see you back again I bet you are riding:s

10. sprinklerfitter669

we had a couple of nice days, got out to blow out the cob webs, and weather went crazy again...3 to 5 of the white stuff tonight :(