free website stats program Low Rusting BIke Option | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Low Rusting BIke Option

Something like this portable garage would work....

Attachments

• thmb_6x12x8_House_70413_pic_gray_3.jpg
    thmb_6x12x8_House_70413_pic_gray_3.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 16
How about an early 90s sportster build quality good finish good laquer on engine casings will blister
but if you can find a scubby one youll get it cheep and itll work well for you and youve increased your harley base

had to go to a house to pick up a pc for repair recently noticed an iron head sportster in the living room was a 74

many years ago kept my triumph bonnie t140 in the front hall wife wasnt best pleased (divorced) think latest wife of 25 years would understand if it were her dyna in the front hall

Brian

When I was growing up, our bikes were stored outside, even in the harsh winter. Get an older bike and let it 'patina'. That seems to be cool these days, anyway.

I ride with a buddy who leaves his sporty in the snow bank every year.Offered to store it in my barn and he refused.The thing has 80k on it and fires up every spring.

I'll have a look around for a previously owned and just get on with it. Nothing material lasts forever - I'm going to get it and enjoy it.

Stupid hall is too small for a decent size bike Brian - don't think I didn't ponder that one!!

Thanks for all the tips and advice guys.

How about a dual sport/enduro type bike? Plastic fenders, street legal, and we always put some 80/20 tires on them so we can do some light trail riding. We have a 1986 suzuki we keep at our farm for scooting around the ridge and/or running some light errands on. :s

Thanks Joy.

I'm test riding a Suzuki Bandit on Wednesday which has good spec and all the panniers and box etc. It'll be a good functional workhorse if I like it and buy it.

My Harley - I'll ride for love back home :D

Back