free website stats program loud pipes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

loud pipes

I picked up a set of 2 into 1 Patriot Defenders several months ago for $400. The performance is good and they have a Butterfly baffle in them that is cable activated. I can change the DB level from pretty loud to stock while I am riding. I mounted the cable lever behind the rear shock air cover so I could reach it. The only problem I have had with them is the 02 sensor plugs blew out as they weren't torqued tight from the factory. I just picked up a replacement pair at Napa and ordered a cheap back up pair just in case it happens again. It may not be the look and sound you are looking for but I am happy so far - Bob

Patriot Defender exhaust - Harley Davidson Community

Watch out with these in Peoples Republic of Kalifornia, any exhaust with valves that can be opened by the operator can get you an instant citation.

Thanks for all the input. I think I may go with the 'Quiet Baffles' the V&H offers, they are only $60 for the pair.

Digger, where did yo h ave your custom baffles made?

I'm looking into some earplugs, not only for the loud pipes, but when I am on poker runs, the noise from all the bikes on the long runs can get to be a lot. Too young to loose hearing...

I wear a full face helment and once above 55 all I can hear is wind noise.
Even with Samson shorties which are loud!
P1000671.jpg

Which V&H pipes did you put on?

I am currently looking for pipes to replace the stock pipes on an 08 Street Glide

V&H offers quit baffles, but they say they will only reduce the Db by 2-3.

if you decrease something by 3db it is basically half the sound level of what it used to be.

I'm having the shortshots on my bike at the moment and will also be swapping the std. baffles for the quiet baffles this winter.

I wear a full face helmet and once above 55 all I can hear is wind noise. Even with Samson shorties which are loud!
P1000671.jpg

Can't imagine such short pipes being "quiet" :small3d015: even at speed with full face helmet. Probably only because your leaning foward of the sound wave not in or behind it...probably miss the flames at night...eh...lucky for you! :D

I like loud pipes too...but aren't those the pipe that nearly got the Hobbit handcuffed rapping the throttle around town a bit?:lolrolling

Last edited:
Back