free website stats program loud pipes | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

loud pipes

I've always wondered about riders with loud pipes and ear plugs. I mean, what's the point? Run quieter pipes. Me, I'm middle of the road; moderate volume with smooth and well toned notes even gets you a thumbs up from some cops.
I now run Patriot Defenders, usually at half gate closure. Awesome sound.

I've always wondered about riders with loud pipes and ear plugs. I mean, what's the point? Run quieter pipes. Me, I'm middle of the road; moderate volume with smooth and well toned notes even gets you a thumbs up from some cops.
I now run Patriot Defenders, usually at half gate closure. Awesome sound.

The point is to make the bike louder for others...especially for drivers that are distracted by phones, loud music, whatever. That's my view anyway.

The point is to make the bike louder for others...especially for drivers that are distracted by phones, loud music, whatever. That's my view anyway.

I agree 100%. I can hear it anyway. Mine are very loud and I have rode with Law Enforcement many times. They all like the sound. :s

While in theory that sounds like a great idea, but I've found that distracted drivers won't see or hear you anyway, no matter how loud your pipes are. If they have the windows rolled up and the music cranking away, they won't hear you, and if they're on the phone, they tend to block out everything else. Its all about them. We have to look out for the distracted drivers cause we all know they aren't looking out for us.

While in theory that sounds like a great idea, but I've found that distracted drivers won't see or hear you anyway, no matter how loud your pipes are. If they have the windows rolled up and the music cranking away, they won't hear you, and if they're on the phone, they tend to block out everything else. Its all about them. We have to look out for the distracted drivers cause we all know they aren't looking out for us.

Yes this very true and very sad!

Keep your head moving and watch for escape routes, plan ahead, the distracted cagers are out there be careful:s

while I TOTALLY agree with the 'distracted driver' scenario, I still think that if you are running open/obnoxious pipes that require you to wear hearing protection, then you may simply be an (edit)
NEVER FORGET that the general public is NOT on our side, and they are voters; sooner or later (which I'd prefer), there will be enforcement of noise laws, more laws and more harrassment that will accompany it.
The rest of us just want to ride with the sweet sounds we love, and are not (edit) off people who will take up a flag and fight against us. BTW, I am by no means quiet; but I do get compliments on the good sound. That doesn't really come from citiizens who have been offended by straight pipes; just think for a minnit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay mods, I stand corrected and will not fight your rules for your forums; sorry, I didn't think some standard english wording was that offensive, but my points remain valid, even without color.
It's YOUR website, and I concur.

Okay mods, I stand corrected and will not fight your rules for your forums; sorry, I didn't think some standard english wording was that offensive, but my points remain valid, even without color.

Thanks for the understanding. We have all ages reading over the shoulders of our members so we try not to offend.:s

Thankyou for understanding. We try to maintain the highest standards on the internet. A friendly forum where you can let your children or grandchildren read over your shoulder without fear of being accosted by the vulgarity of some other sites

Back