free website stats program Lenale Fan | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lenale Fan

Great video, Thanks! That fan really blends in well and looks like it should be there. Doesn't look out of place.

You guys with Baggers have it made. You have heat shields to hide the horn relocation and you have a ready to go dash power switch to power the fan.
Life is too easy!:)

Yea the dash switch is nice. I'm gonna put a waterproof toggle on my bars so I don't have to reach down.

Hoople (Jim) the horn cable is black and if you run it down the front frame tubes and tie it off good with black ties, you will hardly notice it at all.

If any of you want to hear the fan blowing (with the engine off ) you can see a video of it here.

WHOA....Did I see that bike move sideways when the fan kicked on? :lolrolling

It sounded like a turbine starting up.

Just talked to the person, reason, originally mentioned in the thread. Lenale made good on things. He sent it back and recieved another in a week. Little thing moves some air!!!!!

How would this tie into a Softail? Is it the same fan without the connector?

One pervading thought comes across from everything I have ever read or heard about buying a Lenale fan. If you choose to buy from a reseller, make sure it's one you can depend on. Otherwise buy directly through Lenale at the ebay site.

I had it on whit the engine shut off one day a young person on a rocket ask me what that sound was I told him it was my turbo and he fell for it. It does move some air

Not quite as loud but kinda reminds me of the Hueys when they would first start up.

What is the new 2 second delay for, time to reach for the Fire Extinguisher ? :lolrolling ...just kidding Smitty.

But seriously what is that for ?

Glad you'lls fans are still running, mine quit after 4 months of just on and off use when needed. E-mailed lenale engineering and they wanted another 60.00 plus shipping. Just can't see having over 300.00 in this fan that may not last any longer than that. Very disapointed in their product.

Had my Lenale fan for two full summers. Been in rain so intense I thought I was going to drown. Still running strong. Reminds me of the old Dc-9 when I turn it on. Boy that thing pushes some air.

It does sound like a turbine but I'm not convinced on the air movement. Did anyone notice the lack of sucking or blowing power of the fan in the video. There was hardly ony movement of that strip of cloth or paper.

They claim the following

Speed 9000 – 9500 RPM
Maximum airflow - 200 CFM @ 13.8 VDC
Load amperage - 3.2 amps
Input power - 38.80 watts
Maximum air pressure – 1.998 Inch H20

Wow at 9000 RPM one could turn off the engine and coast to save on gas

:)

If any of you want to hear the fan blowing (with the engine off ) you can see a video of it here.

YouTube - LeNale Engineering Cooling Fan for Harley Davidsons
Wow! That is one sharp looking fan! A fellow that I ride with has the HD one but I like the looks and the way this fan moves some serious air. AND, it appears to be about half the price of the HD fan. If memory serves me correctly, Smitty had some problems with his Lenale fan at first but they took care of him in the end so I would deal directly with the Lenale family who seem to stand by their product IMO.

Wow! That is one sharp looking fan! A fellow that I ride with has the HD one but I like the looks and the way this fan moves some serious air. AND, it appears to be about half the price of the HD fan. If memory serves me correctly, Smitty had some problems with his Lenale fan at first but they took care of him in the end so I would deal directly with the Lenale family who seem to stand by their product IMO.

I guess the member below didn't get the customer service others have or something has changed at Lenale.

Glad you'lls fans are still running, mine quit after 4 months of just on and off use when needed. E-mailed lenale engineering and they wanted another 60.00 plus shipping. Just can't see having over 300.00 in this fan that may not last any longer than that. Very disapointed in their product.

Back