free website stats program Lenale Fan | Harley Davidson Forums

Lenale Fan

I told a friend I was pitching around the idea of getting one. He got one. It doesn't work. Fan reads 2 megohms on the Fluke. No response from Mr. Nale.

I told a friend I was pitching around the idea of getting one. He got one. It doesn't work. Fan reads 2 megohms on the Fluke. No response from Mr. Nale.

They must have a serious support line issue. Smitty (originally) had the same problem but then later they did contact him. I must be lucky, they called me back the very next morning after I left them a message and then gave me an email address that I later sent and asked for a part (that I lost) and they shipped it to me for free. Had my fan since November, use it every time I'm out and it works great.

The reason I did not have the email address at first was I bought thru a reseller and not thru Lenale's online ebay store. The reseller did not include the support papers and had call the reseller and ask for the phone number. Lenale told me later that many resellers do not put the support papers in the package since they don't want people knowing they could have bought the fan a little cheaper straight thru the ebay store.

Anyhow I guess I lucked out on this one. They sell thousands of these things though. I'm glad I got mine. Also I called my H.D. dealer and he told they would make sure my Heat Managment was turned on in the ECM for free, just bring it in anytime.

Sorry to hear about your friends problems

We make it a point to return every e-mail and go out of our way to provide quality customer service. Since most of our sales are through dealers we also make it a point to train the distributors to be able to answer technical support questions. No matter how old our product is, or how badly it may have been abused, we will repair the fan for the cost of parts only and do not charge for labor. If we find that there is not a problem with the fan we call the person to try and troubleshoot the installation problem. In most cases it is something simple. The best way to contact us is through e-bay messages or e-mail directly at lenale_engineering@comcast.net. So please contact us if there is a problem - we will make it right. I am a service disabled vet that takes great pride in my country and who also takes pride in the customer service we provide to our fellow Harley riders. God Bless America and ride safe.

Len - Founder and Chief Engineer
LeNale Engineering
lenale_engineering@comcast.net.

We received the fan from the gentleman in Columbus IN (90FXRS's friend) and were not able to find any problems with it. Just to be double safe, we shipped him a new 2011 fan to replace the 2009 model he purchased second hand. We also offered to walk him through installation if he was not able to get it to work.

The most common problem we found was that people did not realize that they had to keep the switch on the fan in the "on" position in order for the dash auxillary switch to work. The second common problem was that there is a test connector under the side cover that looks the same as the auxillary connector and the fan will not work when plugged into that connector. The third problem we found was that some Harleys came from the factory without a fuse in the auxillary switch circuit because it was not used. And the fourth, but not the least problem we found was "I threw out the instructions with the packing material"....

Ride Hard - Ride Cool - Ride Safe
Len

Hi Len, Was wondering if you would tell us a little about the motor that is used in your HD cooling fan. Are the bearings used, oilite, bronze sleeve or ball. Does the motor use carbon brushes and a commutator. Is it thermal protected in any way and what is the typical life expectancy in hours?

Tks Hoople!

Well I was thinking about buying one and now my mind has been made up. Thanks Len for the info on your fans, I'll be ordering one when I get back home!!:bigsmiley12:

Back