free website stats program Lenale Fan | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lenale Fan

Hi Len, Was wondering if you would tell us a little about the motor that is used in your HD cooling fan. Are the bearings used, oilite, bronze sleeve or ball. Does the motor use carbon brushes and a commutator. Is it thermal protected in any way and what is the typical life expectancy in hours?

Tks Hoople!

Hoople, Len,

I TOO want to hear the response to these things Hoop has listed.. I do Plan to buy and install one when i get Full time in Az.. Thanks

signed....BUBBIE

And, GOOD word of mouth Will go a long way on this site... Thanks ,, Good so far I'm satisfied...

Hoop and Bubbie you might get a faster response going thru Lenale's direct email, since I know from past experience he many times only answers this forum when someone notifies him of a question post. I.e. he doesn't read the forum that often. He has his own engineering company and is an Engineer.

Try this email,
lenale_engineering@comcast.net

Please share answers back with us.

Hoop and Bubbie you might get a faster response going thru Lenale's direct email, since I know from past experience he many times only answers this forum when someone notifies him of a question post. I.e. he doesn't read the forum that often. He has his own engineering company and is an Engineer.

Try this email,
lenale_engineering@comcast.net

Please share answers back with us.
I sent him off a email and asked IF he would respond Here as Many would like to Know the answers... Told him I didn't think it a problem as WE asked Him to respond...

Thanks
signed....BUBBIE

RWB,
My problems came from the supplier I bought it from they did not stand by it . But once Lenale found out about the problem they took care of it right away 100% in my case. The replacement has work just fine and is going on the new 2011 .
I can not say how one would work for others I am ok with mine.

Good to hear Smitty. :bigsmiley12:
My buddy mentioned getting a fan for his '06 UG. Did a search and found your original thread about your original problem. I was going to pm you and ask how it was working out. Good thing the 'duh' factor kicked in and I did the search again to find this thread.
HD wants a tidy $446US (Canadian HD wants $540, ouch) and those prices were a little steep for him. Can get a LeNale on eBay for ~$229US.

Thanks for asking.

We use ball bearings and the motor is magnetic induction. The fan blades are computer balanced at 10000 RPM so there are no harmonic vibration problems. There is no thermal protection built in because the fan draws outside air in when operating, so it does not overheat like some of the stator type motors with brushes. Stationary opererating life of the motors is rated at 50K+ hours, however life varies when they take a beating on Harleys. We installed over 200 test fans on die hard Harley rider's bikes in 2004 and most of those are still operating with no problems. We made improvements based on the few that did fail in the earlier years.

Thanks,

Len

Great video, Thanks! That fan really blends in well and looks like it should be there. Doesn't look out of place.

You guys with Baggers have it made. You have heat shields to hide the horn relocation and you have a ready to go dash power switch to power the fan.
Life is too easy!:)

Back