free website stats program Idle Air Control (IAC) | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Idle Air Control (IAC)

I doubt the IAC would cause a backfiring but you never know. More than likely there an intake or exhaust leak that should be checked into.

It has decel pop. But also when I was following him down an off ramp slowing down. It backfired LOUD. He said it has none it more then once.

The very first question I have is this. At the time of the Loud backfire, what was the position of the throttle twist grip. Was it at ABSOLUTE "0" or was it at 5 or 10% (or some other position). I know it is a hard question to answer after the fact but it is important to know.

The very first question I have is this. At the time of the Load backfire, what was the position of the throttle twist grip. Was it at ABSOLUTE "0" or was it at 5 or 10% (or some other position). I know it is a hard question to answer after the fact but it is important to know.

Hoople not sure, but since it has happened more then once I will ask him. I was thinking maybe the bike had the hardware for the stage one but no ignition download. I doubt this would account for the bad idle or backfireing. But the bike does have considerable decel popping.

He got the bike from a dealer. The bike was a trade in. Guessing, I would say this dealer had 100 bikes in their parking lot that were trades. You name it, it was their. I think they take the trade, then sit it on the lot. Let the customer test it for issues.

They did give 60 day warranty on the entire bike, I'm sure my brother is safe with a 2006 with less then 5Kmiles. Sadly I was trust the information to resolve the problem to come from here before the dealer fixes it. This forum should be required reading for Harley Techs.

Hoople not sure, but since it has happened more then once I will ask him. I was thinking maybe the bike had the hardware for the stage one but no ignition download. I doubt this would account for the bad idle or backfireing. But the bike does have considerable decel popping.

What I was thinking was if the twist grip was at absolute Zero, then I agree with Mr. Data as it being an exhaust leak/ intake leak. If he was "off Zero" at the time of the Big Bang, then it may be something else. But if I was to guess, I would say the throttle was at zero when the Big Bang hit.. It would be the natural thing to do when coming off the super slab.

I would save the ignition for later and concentrate on what Mr. Data said earlier.

Back