free website stats program Idle Air Control (IAC) | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Idle Air Control (IAC)

Mr. Data, if it had a intake leak wouldn't the idle high not low, my 04 had a intake leak and was idling at 3000 RPM or are the new ones( 06 up ) with the 02 sensers adjust to the air/fuel mix. Would the 02 senser adjust for a lean condition?:33:

Depending on the year with or without 02 sensors it could go either way. As the sensor detects a lean condition it will richen it up as best it can but pre sensors it would be stalling and erratic running from an intake leak.

hello all well i got carb cleaner and real carefully sprayed around the intake and the bike did raise in idle just enough that i can do it on command. I watched out for the K&N filter not to get any spray in it. So i called the ESP and it should be covered so back to the dealer it went now just waiting for the call back. thanks rich.

Let us know the outcome.
HI GLIDER

Well they called back and said my problem on the rough idle was a hole in the fuel line in the tank. they have to order one. well i thought i would have some hissing sound but what i cant figure out the tank was full when i have this problem. i believe it some thing else but ESP is paying for it. talk to ya later rich.

You wouldn't hear any hissing sound if the tank was full. Generally when the tank gets below half, you would hear it then.

Thanks Mr. Data!!! you are the man to go to when a fellow biker needs help. I tried to check back friday but the web site was down for mait. I gave in and took it to the dealership today. they put it on the dyno but could not dupilcate the problem so the mechanic took to the street. Guess what? A pickup truck turned in front of him and he had to lay it down! However, this guy is pretty skilled rider, very minor damage. the dealer replaced every thing that was damaged and didn't charge me for the dyno time or the diagnostics. Of course they didn't solve the problem either. I am on my way to the garage to clean that air hole in the top of the throttle body now. I will let you know how that works out. thanks again for your super knowledge of the H.D. machine

Could a dirty Idle Control Cause the bike to back fire, not decel pop, but gunshot db level back fire?

The reason I ask this question is. My brother recently purchased a 2006 Road Glide FI, super clean with 4500 miles.

He has to let the bike warm up or it before it will run right. He said it almost cuts out if not. After researching this FANTASTIC site, it brought me to this thread.

It has decel pop. But also when I was following him down an off ramp slowing down. It backfired LOUD. He said it has none it more then once.

He is taking to the dealer this weekend (under a 60day all covered warranty).

The bike has stage one with Rinehart exhaust (not just slip ons)

Thanks

Back