free website stats program I owe this apology | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I owe this apology

Welcome back Dynaman. I loved the post but do respect the rules also. Nugent is right though!!!

This is a biker forum...No need for an apology. There are several other biker forums that are wide open and people say whatever they want. Just depends on your taste.

It's called "manners" where I come from biker forum or not ! :s

A big amen to that. Most of us with a "conservative" bent appreciate the family oriented atmosphere here. I certainly do and that is after I made an unintentional slip my first week. I just went back and re-read the rules.......duh.

Henny Youngman, the great comedian was once asked why he never used profanity in his act. He stated that if the joke isn't funny without profanity it won't be funny with it. The same with conversation, it adds nothing and offends many.

I enjoy coming to a forum where my wife can watch over my shoulder and I don't have to pray that she won't see something she would not approve of.

I find that quite humorous when someone posts that a biker forum should allow profanity an nudity in order to be a "biker" forum or for them to be considered a "biker".
If that's what it takes to make someone a "biker" then I'll toss in the handle of "biker" in favor of a handle that will enable me to discuss something without resorting to using profanity.

I can discuss topics in a normal and intelligent manner with a maturity level above the fifth grade level that seems to be the norm for some posters that have to resort to using profanity to get a point across.

Not once in 14,725 posts have I had to use profanity to express myself and the people that feel that after their second or third post feel it's necessary are in for a bit of a surprise.:D

I was raised with manners and to respect the rights of others whether I liked it or even agreed with their views when I visit them or are in their house. Visiting the forum, you are in someone elses house.

I came to this forum looking for help and stuck around because of the atmosphere of this forum,there are many others out there where you can get lost in the vulgarity,didn't do anything for me! I listen to enough of it through the day with the welders in the shop,and I choose to be a part of of a forum where it isn't.So I guess I'm just not biker enough and I will keep it that way!
Just my 02 cents on the subject:D

I had a teacher in school who I hated with a passion. However, he made 2 statements that I have remembered all my life:
1. Profanity is a conversational crutch for an intellectual cripple.
and
2. In many cases, It is not the USE that makes something bad, but the ABUSE.

Anyone who thinks you have to use vulger language to be a "biker" needs to just go out and ride until they figure out that's what it's all about.

It's called "manners" where I come from biker forum or not ! :s

Gee Glider,We must come from the same place.There's no need to curse...ever.It makes people sound uneducated.I know if I didn't use my manners or spoke profanely my mother would reach down from heaven and smack me in the back of the head.

Back