free website stats program How many miles? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

How many miles?

Rode a Honda 400 in the eighties then put it away for 20 years. Got back into motorcycles and Harleys with a Sportster in 06. Traded it in for an 07 FLHR Road King last August as a birthday present (52 if not now then when?). Wow! It's a different world! I love this bike. Been grinning ear to ear since then.

I can't see how you could possibly regret it! BTW had the IDS retrofitted last month under the elbow grease program. Great bike is now even better!

Cheers!:bigsmiley8:

2006 ultra classic 21800 miles , On a hot day the left exaust will burn this was due to the the bike running lean. I put a PC3 USB and fullsac duels with stock mufflers it sounds awesome and runs great . The electra glide is one of the best bikes I have owened for either long distance or around town

1995 Ultra-75,000 miles(120,000kms)-loose valve tappets replaced, crack in manifold repaired-both this Winter and that is it other than normal maintenance!! MURPH

2004 Ultra Classic... 54,000 trouble free miles. Welllll... almost. :) Had one incident with the hose inside the tank rubbing through at about 10,000 miles. No problems since.

I have an 05 FLHTCUI and I love it. Did have a bit of a scare at around 18,000. The oil sending unit had to be replaced. So, if you ever notice your oil pressure dropping to around 4 lbs. of so at around 55 mph, be sure to stop and check oil level just in case, but it is probably your OSU.

I just took delivery of my 2008 105th Anniverary Ultra Glide. Riding it every day that the temp is above 36 degrees F and no snow on the ground.

Last year, I conducted about three months of research on the "glide" models before I purchased mine. What I learned is that since the EPA has tightened up their rules, the HD factory was required to thin out the fuel air mixture a bit, and the glides after 2007 run up to 100 degrees hotter as a result. Working with my excellent local dealer, Mann's HD in Edinburg IN, we decided to add the EFI tuner, heat side shields and a full flow air cleaner. Used my free dealer gift certificate to pay for the upgrade.

The next thing the dealer suggests is to switch to synthetic oil. This change has proven to reduce the temps about another 10-15 degrees F.

The bike rides like a dream! More power than the demo I rode and really smooth on the highway. It sits in my heated garage with its own special 105th anniversary cover and another portable heater located under it. Every evening when I get home, there is the 105th logo looking right at me as I open the garage.

Believe me.....the Ultra is a marvelous package!!

Ride Safe! Enjoy!

My '99 Road King has 55,000 miles on it. I'm the second owner of it and neither of us had any trouble at all.

I do believe it all boils down to regular service and the way a person rides.

I understand how ya feel. I also have ridden for 41 years (all harleys though) and bought my first new one last summer 08 FLHT Electra Glide. I work over seas most of the time and get 30 day leaves every 3 to 4 months but have managed to get 4k miles on her in 2 leaves and lovin it.

Enjoy your new ride

16,000 miles and no problems, just reg. service. Had a 06 Goldwing, hated it, sold it and got an 07 Ultra Classic, can't get enough ridding. Getting read to go to Laughlin, Grand Canyon then Seattle in Aug. Can't get enough. Onced hyou go Harley you will wonder why you did not do it many years ago. ENJOY.

Back