free website stats program how many miles on tires | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

how many miles on tires

I replaced rear tire @ 12,000mi with OEM Dunlops. At the same time also replaced front since I went with black walls instead of SWW. Rear & front both now have 10,000mi. Back is in good shape and front looks great. Will replace rear this up coming summer when needed with Dunlops again. Majority of my riding is 1 up checking my tire pressures 2-3 times week.

what i did was buy a tire tread indicator (low cost and worth it), and when i have 3/32" of an inch on the indicator i figure about 1000 miles left on that tire and make an appointment with whoever to change it. good luck...ryd:)

Hey Smitty, do you change your own tires or go back to dealer? What should I expect to pay for two tires mounted on an '01 Heritage?

See my post today on changing primary and trans too.

Bill

Thanks Smitty - will check around locally - the dealer I bought from is about 70 miles away - one reason I asked.

Thanks again
Bill

I got 12,000 miles out of mine, the dealer said that was very good. I changed them out last fall and put stock dunlop back on. I Would like to know about mileage on Michelin tires.... I think the trick is the air pressure keep it right....

I got 12,000 miles out of mine, the dealer said that was very good. I changed them out last fall and put stock dunlop back on. I Would like to know about mileage on Michelin tires.... I think the trick is the air pressure keep it right....

I haven't ordered tires yet. Like you I would like to hear something about Michelin.

I changed my rear tire at 12k and have not gotten around to the front yet. Have 13500 on the bike now. Have the tire just not changed it yet.

Back