free website stats program how many miles on tires | Harley Davidson Forums

how many miles on tires

67hat34c

08 1200c. 9k miles. Wondering how many miles you guys get from a set of tires. Also would you go with OEM tires to replace?

The usual is 8-12K for most tires and it's usually two rears for one front. I would go with the Dunlops, never had a problem with them on bikes or cars.

I use Dunlops on the my Ultra and got just a hair over 13k on the rear before I replaced them for the Love Ride last year. Front tire still looks good, but I'll be replacing this summer. I'm one that really watch tire pressure etc... On the other side of the coin, my wife's Ultra has only 7k on her bike and the rear looks like it might make another 2k . . . maybe. We got the bike used and not sure how the last owner rode. I'll be replace very soon just to make me warm and fuzzy. After all, my wife is on those two tires. Better safe than sorry. :s
Ugly John

Two things working to your advantage on the Sporty, lighter weight and sorties in the twisties wear the edges, which balances the straight up wear of touring, so mileage is strictly a matter of your agressive/sporting side verses you street/touring riding style, which in most cases is balanced so 10K to 15K is very reasonable to expect.

Rob or SledDog with their...eh...forward bent riding "Pro"-Active controlled high speed test facility styles...may drop that figure by half and how should I say, " --will replace their tires long before the nubbins on near the sideswalls wear out " or the compound suffer from UV/Ozone attacking or cracking the sidewalls...

Getting ready to ride from Orlando FL to North GA and NC in the next month or so and did not want to have to worry about tires. Will get a tred guage and check them but suspect they should be ok for next 3-4k.

I'm coming up on 13K mi. on my 08 Lowrider and the rear tire looks like I will probably be able to safely make 15K before replacing - front probably 20K. I will go with the stock tire again as I have had no issues with it.

Having tire replaced as I type got 8,500 miles on OEM Dunlap D401 switched to a Dunlap K591 should get better mileage so they say.

Ive got almost 11k on mine now, both have wore pretty evenly actually, and I plan on replacing them sometime during mid riding season.

Back