free website stats program How Could Harley Improve? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

How Could Harley Improve?

Maybe I'm just paranoid but one of my biggest concerns about the newer bikes is the crank runout issue. I dont understand why Harley doesnt build a stronger crank. I currently have a TC88 but would eventually like to step up to a new bike. I'm just hoping they decide to fix the issue before I spend that much money on a new ride.

Does the new 103 have the same crank issues as the 96?

Less steps in manufacturing equals less work equals more profit, my neighbors crank broke with under 2k miles, We never had issues with the old style cranks, the bottom end of these motors were pretty bullet proof, I changed the bearings checked run out on truing stand on many Shovels, ans Evos and never saw one out of spec, the bearings were American made:s

I read or heard somewhere that HD is totally missing out getting the next generation on a Harley because they don't build one for youngsters. I'm talking about a dirt bike, or very low priced entry HD road bike. Kids are riding Honda, Yamaha, etc. from the time they are old enough to walk. It is only logical that after owning Honda for years, they will gravitate towards them when they are old enough to purchase a big road machine. Heck, I was almost 40 before I bought one and I have been riding since I was 12! Just my 2 pennies...

I have to agree,
My first road bike was a small Honda, And i stuck with Honda's all the way up to 1800 cc, The only reason i bought a Harley is because i wanted a factory made 3 wheeler, If Honda had a factory made 3 wheeler i would have bought it because of my starting out with Honda's.

TCE = Total Customer Experience. The customer needs to be the focus and the dealers should employ techniques so the customer wants to return and support the local dealers. Just my thoughts..

Mike
I must say that my HD dealer is a quantum leap up above the metric dealer I had. Great South in Newnan GA is a pretty good place to buy a bike and get service IMHO. I do wish the bike was 100% US made.

Harley needs some fresh ideas, some input from their loyal customer base.
Haven't we been there all along for the ride, through thick and thin, in good times and in bad. We as a focus group deserve to be heard. If the moco would just tap the minds of a small percentage of the loyal diehard customers, they would would surely benefit
in terms of profit and future growth.

I've rode Kawasaki, Yamaha, and for the past ten years Harley. Most of us here know there is no comparison for whatever reason. They are all mechanical and break from time to time, no news here. Harley has the myth, and maybe that is one of their most valuable assets. Could they improve? Sure, but you could go on and on about where and what, each of us would have an opinion. Mine is...Keep the myth alive to the younger crowd. Get them curious about that saying, "If I have to tell you, you wouldn't understand." That's what got me on one. Ride safe.

Price is the top worry for me, I lost mine when I lost my job. Bikes that cost as much as cars and are not even close to being cutting edge....

Back