free website stats program Hogtunes Installed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hogtunes Installed

Also any suggestion on how to fix the hole in my fairing?

skcm2006; don't know how you put a hole in the fairing (didn't see that in the HT install guide...:s). Maybe posting some pics would help b/c it might depend on location & how much damage it caused.

I think my HT spreker UG is awesome so you might want to take glider's suggestion & give Pez a call. Maybe there's a loose wire, or defective speaker (could happen)?

Last edited:
If your inner fairing is not painted the fix is easy,make sure the area at the hole is slightly indented,then put a dab of paintable black silicone in the hole and wipe off any excess and let dry.Then take a Q-tip with a bit of flat black paint on it and touch it up.When that drys put a bit of pledge on a cloth and wipe down the fairing.This touch up will work on matt black fairings and solid gloss colors,but not a mettalic or pearl.

+1 on this, it should work for you.

As far as the sound, when I upgraded the speakers, I added the amp and you can definitely tell the difference. There are more powerful amps, but this improves the sound and clarity at speeds above 75 mph dramatically! The trick is to keep the treble and bass at moderate levels, depending on the kind of music you're listening to.

OK, went out, turned the IPOD down to 3/4 volume, adjusted the Treble and bass to just 50% each and the radio blared with no distortion ... IPO was at 90% before it went distorted... I can live with that. Had my buddy's Classic and we compared the both and mine do sound crisper and clearer than his and louder... so I am good with the final adjustments - thanks guys!!! :D

As for the hole. I like the idea but the hole isn't concaved it sticks out, so I am going to have to shave it down (CAREFULLY) and push it in a bit. But I think it will work too. I will let you know how that works this weekend... fingers crossed!:newsmile04:

I added an amp to my '06 Ultra and that made a big difference. Like you, 20 years in the Field Artillery didn't do my ears any justice. BTW, thanks for you service!

Just spoke to a buddy - convinced him to bring in his bike and he has OEM speakers and we are going to do a compare - I had a guy listen to them a few minutes ago and he said it was loud - Maybe 24 years in the Navy working around the flight deck hampered my hearing a bit... Will report back with what I find...

Now any suggestions on the hole or do I leave it there as a nagging reminder to take my time for my next project...

skcm,

sk's work around the flight deck? :bigsmiley20:

Just being on the ship will do it, I retired just over 5 years ago and hearing gets worse and worse! Or maybe i'm just ignoring the wife

In MD (North East) <----yes it is a town may be heading to Gettysburg this saturday depending on the weather!

take care,

skcm,

sk's work around the flight deck? :bigsmiley20:

Just being on the ship will do it, I retired just over 5 years ago and hearing gets worse and worse! Or maybe i'm just ignoring the wife

In MD (North East) <----yes it is a town may be heading to Gettysburg this saturday depending on the weather!

take care,

Sure did on LHD1 and LHD 3 - Worked cargo and mail with the 53's and 46's - you don't think those airdales loaded and unloaded the aircraft did you ? Too many unreps/vertreps to count and not to mention my working office ceiling was the flight deck and with the AV8s landing overhead it was loud! :D

You heading to GB Bike show? I am thinking of heading there too!

OK, went out, turned the IPOD down to 3/4 volume, adjusted the Treble and bass to just 50% each and the radio blared with no distortion ... IPO was at 90% before it went distorted... I can live with that. Had my buddy's Classic and we compared the both and mine do sound crisper and clearer than his and louder... so I am good with the final adjustments - thanks guys!!! :D

As for the hole. I like the idea but the hole isn't concaved it sticks out, so I am going to have to shave it down (CAREFULLY) and push it in a bit. But I think it will work too. I will let you know how that works this weekend... fingers crossed!:newsmile04:

Glad you got it worked out like you wanted!:D

Back