free website stats program Hogtunes Installed | Harley Davidson Forums

Hogtunes Installed

skcm2006

I installed the hogtune speakers - I may be slightly biased because installing them I wasn't paying attention drove one of the screws through my fairing ..:small3d023: Other than the little hole in my fair the installation was very simple.. just pay attention to what you are doing!

The sound - is a little bit better but I am not "WOW'ed" on the overall sound quality. With the IPOD attached it distorts to the point where you can't understand the words at 3/4 of the volume which is very disappointing... with the radio playing it distorts at about 85% of the volume. When I say distorts, I mean to the point it is hard to understand and sounds like the speakers are struggling... not what I had anticipated.

At less than 75% volume it is ok but not remarkable.... so it is a bit of an improvement but not sure if it was worth the $100+ investment.

Just my two cents worth

I agree on backing down the Ipod volume a little - having it at max can create distortion on anything you hook it up to.

I've put some hogtunes in my SG and was very impressed with the increase in performance.....gave a friend a demo on Saturday and he's keen to get some for his bike too....?

Rode the bike to work today and that hole is still there and was hoping it was a bad dream! Nope - LOL :small3d023:

I backed down the IPOD, it seemed to help - still have distortion at 75% but not as bad as it was. One thing I did notice that was different (besides the hole) was that the sound was noticibly clearer than the OEM speakers on the volume below 50% and I could tell it was a bit louder at 50% than the OEM.

I like the speakers still but just not wow'd by them.

The owner of Hog tunes. Great guy!

blocks_image_0_1.png

blocks_image_1_1.png

blocks_image_2_1.png

blocks_image_3_1.png

blocks_image_4_1.png

info@hogtunes.com

Just spoke to a buddy - convinced him to bring in his bike and he has OEM speakers and we are going to do a compare - I had a guy listen to them a few minutes ago and he said it was loud - Maybe 24 years in the Navy working around the flight deck hampered my hearing a bit... Will report back with what I find...

Now any suggestions on the hole or do I leave it there as a nagging reminder to take my time for my next project...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back