free website stats program Hit & Run | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hit & Run

Thanks very much for the best wishes guys, and the welcome. i've been lurking for a few weeks.. figured it was time to start sharing.

Great job keeping your cool and having the foresight in getting (and remembering) the lic#. Back in my younger days she would've had a boot print in the door of her pretty SUV. I've gotten wiser with age, and am now able to see the wisdom of rational decisions like you have demonstrated. Again, welcome, glad you are ok, and keep us posted on the outcome of this insane driver!

I am glad that you are ok. I want to see more pictures of your bike, so I can figure out what I'm looking at. FLSTN with hard bags? Carbon fiber paint? Nice.

Please keep us updated. Did you have any witnesses? I suspect when they go to question her, she will deny everything or have a totally differnt story. Thats normally how it goes.

Glad you are okay, that's the most important thing, it could have been very bad.

I rode to DC last Saturday and the drivers were beyond crazy all day.

Good luck.

I hope you have witnesses...or else its a he said she said deal.
I had a guy try to stop me from lane splitting and we colided but without witnesses it is tough to prove who was at fault.

Did anyone stop that saw what happened? Without witnesses it's he said she said. The police will speak to her but it's hard to get them to write her up if someone else doesn't come forward.

Glad you are okay, that's the most important thing, it could have been very bad.

I rode to DC last Saturday and the drivers were beyond crazy all day.

Good luck.
True that I was with Futurerider in DC and he kept our trio together like a professional.
We avoided a "Short Stop' when she missed her exit. A taxi on the phone and about 15mph below the speed limit on the way in.

On the way out Futurerider was cut off at least twice and I lost count after that but he kept it together and all three of us safe. I pulled up to the cutoff man, at the toll, and when he rolled down his window I told him to be mindful of the bikers he just cut off and he said (in Baltimore slang) mind you business man and disappeared into the tunnel north.

Gotta give some credit to the communications system we just started using it was a big help on the short stop. I heard the break, break, break call before I saw the short stop.

Shinny Side Up!

Did anyone stop that saw what happened? Without witnesses it's he said she said. The police will speak to her but it's hard to get them to write her up if someone else doesn't come forward.

As someone who works in law enforcement let me add this to the topic, What you have that helps your claim is you called the police to report the incident and if they do a good followup they should find paint transfer on both the bike and the car involved. Police tend to believe that the person reporting a crime is the victim.

Sounds like she just got out of the looney bin, you did well to stay alive, congrats and good luck frying that egg.

Back