free website stats program Hit & Run | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hit & Run

That could have been a bad deal. Sure glad you could keep things under control. Bike and Wits.

First off I am glad that you are ok.
Secondly. That's very cool paint.
Third. I hope they find her and she gets punished
Fourth. Way to keep your cool and to remember the license plate and description of the vehicle.
And lastly. Welcome to the forum.

Great job keeping your cool and having the foresight in getting (and remembering) the lic#. Back in my younger days she would've had a boot print in the door of her pretty SUV.

I have to admit that there are a few vehicles out there with my knuckle prints on them, but thats been some time. Im almost 50 and like you, have gotten wiser with age.

I am glad that you are ok. I want to see more pictures of your bike, so I can figure out what I'm looking at. FLSTN with hard bags? Carbon fiber paint? Nice.

Thanks for the well wishes and you nailed it right on the head. Softail Deluxe with hard bags (Calvery Fiberglass) and Carbon Fiber paint (only on the bags). The bike is painted factory "Black Pearl" which is fitting considering that Im a merchant marine Captain. ;-)

I uploaded more pictures into an album under my profile, but here is one that should help out.

I hope you have witnesses...or else its a he said she said deal.
I had a guy try to stop me from lane splitting and we colided but without witnesses it is tough to prove who was at fault.

No witnesses. No one else stopped. We were in moderate traffic so several people saw the whole thing, yet no one stopped.

Im banking on "Her fleeing the scene is seen as an admission of guilt" and her "aggressive behavior" taking precedence over her word.

of course, this is not the time or the place in time to try and be "good fighting evil"..

Glad you are okay, that's the most important thing, it could have been very bad.

I rode to DC last Saturday and the drivers were beyond crazy all day.

Good luck.

Im in DC almost every day for the last 18 years, and on a bike for 10 of it. I rode the bus before i started riding in everyday. I've been riding since i was 15yo.. I'm 46 now. wow, 31 years >> shaking head <<

I'm going to throw a small commercial in here, because it really is pertinent.

You have not taken the "Ride Like A Pro" course, do it! The team here in Waldorf, Maryland (Dave & Christine) are great, and they let you come back and run the course anytime you want. I've bumped into them time and time again and I practice the skills 3 to 5 hours a week.

It's because of them that I'm able to handle the bike the way I do, and I truly think that they are part of the reason I'm still around!

And yes, I'm one of those guys that can do 360s in the width of 2 parking spots.

....Glad your ok...Whats wrong with people?

I could answer this question, but no one wants to hear that rant.

Attachments

• IMAG0751.jpg
    IMAG0751.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited by a moderator:
I have been thinking about taking the "Ride like a Pro" course. They have one in Pensecola, FL. (so I am told) which is not too far. Only problem is I have a brand new bike and a type A personality. I am afraid of getting too aggressive and dropping a new bike. Any suggestions?

I am afraid of getting too aggressive and dropping a new bike. Any suggestions?

Pick up some simple and cheap "bar guards" for the bars near saddle bags and the forward bars near the floor boards/pegs. I used rope tied around the bars to protect them. (pics attached)

The reality is that in this class, if you do put it down it's because your going TOO slow. so there wont be any "damage" .. just a scrape on those chrome bars .. and even those scrapes are so LOW on those bars that you'd have to lie on the ground to see them.

Also, it's better to put your bike down on a closed course, with an instructor, in front of the 5 other riders learning and putting their bikes down than on an open street or gas station when your trying to turn around and catch up to your riding buddies. :newsmile071:

In FL the main instructors name is John Palladino, He's the Ride Like a Pro founder. You can check out his stuff on youTube. I've never met him, but his methods are great!

Attachments

• IMAG0947.jpg
    IMAG0947.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0948.jpg
    IMAG0948.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 24
Thanks for the info. I looked up the website (again), and watched a few videos. Very impressive looking indeed. This is defineatly on my to-do list this summer. Thanks for the info and the pics!

Back