free website stats program Hey R.Lewis | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hey R.Lewis

Randy good luck with the recovery. Has your PT or Ortho Doc said anything about electronic muscle stimulators? These work the muscles and help to keep some tone during recovery.

HDDon --- Yes on the electronic stimulators - thats part of the PT,they put the diodes on from the knee to the left buttocks area for about 20 mins. or so. Feels OK while in session but about an hour or so afterwards the muscles/nerves start throbbing. I can watch them do the "Spas dance"!!!!

Hey Randy, take care of yourself. It sounds like you've been through the mill. Be very careful with those steroid injections too, you can really hurt yourself more after the injection because you think you're ok after the injection and further damage the area.

Keep in touch when you can and feel better buddy!
Thats a BIG 10-4 good buddy!!! I all ready had one go round of 'roids already and you ( and Sis Joy ) are absolutly right. After I got home and rested , I thought "wow" some relief/progress finally -- WRONG!!!!! Thought I could start a walkabout that my "Aussie Brother" T talks about , AAAHAHAHAHA what a reality check I got!!! Wasnt sure what was worse -the sharp pain that rode over me like a bad dream or my wife's " Told ya so" speech with her standing over me with the broom!!!!! :newsmile055:
Well my brothers & sisters here on HDT - going to get out of here for a bit. Gotta rest and get (mentally) ready for the 150 mile round trip tomorrow to the Dr. up towards St. Louis.

Hey Randy, great to see you posting here again Bud. One very important aspect here mate, you will get over this but it will take a bit of time and lots of patience. Crikey, you're a young buck, lots of miles to tuck under your belt yet.

Anytime you want to head down here to go walkabout Randy, you are very welcome. I'll have our sandwiches ready and packed and off we'll go.:p
Hang in there mate
T. :s

I read your posts Randy, that sounds like rough business. So sorry to hear about that very unfortunate incident. We are all pulling for you to have as little pain as possible and to recover the same. I'll be thinking of you from time to time.

Just a quick update ---- went to the Ortho. Spec. today and with the reports from P.T. and his thoughts ---- at least 3 more wks. x 3 a wk. of a more aggressive PT treatment. He ordered a nerve test where they take pins and needles and stick them in the leg/hip and they also do the "shock" therapy. Dr also ordered a lumbar myelogram &post myelo CT ( yea , I not sure what the heck that is either except a " high dollar" name for a x-ray!!! :) !! ) Dr did say he's discouraged about the loss of mass in the injured leg. My right thigh measured in circ. 58" the injured thigh measured 52". So in a nut shell ---- still off work , hobblin' around with a cane now instead of crutches , pain is still present and I havent been on my scoot since the first week of May!!!! My thoughts ------ Dr's and the pain be darned , I WILL ride again!!!!:s
I'll try to keep ya'll posted on the what happens the next few weeks , in the meantime --- Stay safe and ride careful !!!!!!!

Thanks for the update, Randy.
Sounds like things are tough but you're very determined.
Hang in there!

Hang in there buddy and keep your nose to the grind stone. You'll be up and running again sooner than you think.:s

.. .. . . .Dr also ordered a lumbar myelogram &post myelo CT ( yea , I not sure what the heck that is either except a " high dollar" name for a x-ray!!! :) !! ) .. . . . . .

Thanks for the update Randy hang tough man. A myelogram is where they put a needle into the spinal cord and withdraw a small amount of fluid. It is not painful, my wife has had them with her condition a couple of times. You might feel a little weak afterwards. They use the fluid for certain tests.
We are praying for you.

Back