free website stats program Hey R.Lewis | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hey R.Lewis

Randy, best wishes. I know about missing the ride, the doc grounded me. I haven't been on the bike or driven anything for 6 weeks. I think that I get my freedom back this weekend.
Ken

Here is another....Hang in there....I think it says alot about you to want to ride so soon....I have no doubt you will be on the road again..:)

Just a quick update ---- went to the Ortho. Spec. today and with the reports from P.T. and his thoughts ---- at least 3 more wks. x 3 a wk. of a more aggressive PT treatment. He ordered a nerve test where they take pins and needles and stick them in the leg/hip and they also do the "shock" therapy. Dr also ordered a lumbar myelogram &post myelo CT ( yea , I not sure what the heck that is either except a " high dollar" name for a x-ray!!! :) !! ) Dr did say he's discouraged about the loss of mass in the injured leg. My right thigh measured in circ. 58" the injured thigh measured 52". So in a nut shell ---- still off work , hobblin' around with a cane now instead of crutches , pain is still present and I havent been on my scoot since the first week of May!!!! My thoughts ------ Dr's and the pain be darned , I WILL ride again!!!!:s
I'll try to keep ya'll posted on the what happens the next few weeks , in the meantime --- Stay safe and ride careful !!!!!!!

Sorry folks but between the haze of pain pills , the poking/proding/twisting at the Dr's and the ride up to his office & back (100 + miles round trip) - I , as you can read in my op, I typed inches pertaining to the circ. of the thighs -- I dont think that was the measurement , maybe in centimeters or something in that manor!!!!?? DOH!!!!! :)

Randy, best wishes. I know about missing the ride, the doc grounded me. I haven't been on the bike or driven anything for 6 weeks. I think that I get my freedom back this weekend.
Ken

Hey brother Kemo - got your message and from what I read --- I tip my helmet :hii to you and what you have been dealing with!!! I hope that all goes well and you do get back on the scoot this weekend my friend!

Gee us old moderators have been taking a beating the last few years, but on the bright side we are all still here.
Ken

Take care Randy,I signed off on the meds they were trying to throw at me.I would rather be lucid and hurting then to be at someone elses mercy.

I'm at that point myself Steve. Walk around all "fuzzy-brained" , the doc wanted to write a script for some other kind of pain pill today and I said ( self-edit ) NO and quit throwing pills at the problem and get it fixed!!!!!!

Sorry folks but between the haze of pain pills , the poking/proding/twisting at the Dr's and the ride up to his office & back (100 + miles round trip) - I , as you can read in my op, I typed inches pertaining to the circ. of the thighs -- I dont think that was the measurement , maybe in centimeters or something in that manor!!!!?? DOH!!!!! :)

We just figured you had monstrous, body builder thighs!

Great to see you are improving R.L. A cane is a big improvement over crutches. With your attitude to life, you'll be riding again in no time!!
Cheers bud

Good to hear from you Randy and glad your on the mend. And also good to hear that Kemo is up and about...hope to hear you riding soon. Motorcycling sure has some dedicated riders out there, but it is a rather hazardous sport...take it easy when you climb aboard and be safe. Do take care...a touring bike is pretty hefty to try to "muscle" it around...so work up slowly and mind your PT and strength training professionals.

Back