free website stats program Help on Transmission oil level | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help on Transmission oil level

You guys made me curious so I went out and checked doing it both on the Jiffy Stand and Straight up (almost).

On the Jiffy Stand my level was on the high side off the full mark about 2/3 up.

Standing as straight up as I could safely get it without tipping over, without being tied down, my dipstick registered lower more towards the middle (halfway) of the full marks.

My dipstick actually sits more level while on the Jiffy stand than when the bike is straight up.

Just came back from dealership with the bulletin that service mgn. gave me and guess what it is,Service bulletin M-1296 April 4,2011. Service mgn. says to me I guess I told you wrong I'm sorry about that. Well I'm low on tranny fluid and they didn't have anymore Redline shock on the shelf. I asked if they put the whole quart in there and tech said yes. I think about a pint stay in the bottle lol.So I guess we have our answer for now.

You guys made me curious so I went out and checked doing it both on the Jiffy Stand and Straight up (almost).

On the Jiffy Stand my level was on the high side off the full mark about 2/3 up.

Standing as straight up as I could safely get it without tipping over, without being tied down, my dipstick registered lower more towards the middle (halfway) of the full marks.

My dipstick actually sits more level while on the Jiffy stand than when the bike is straight up.

Great info. This is helpful for me because I lowered the rear of my bike 1" and the jiffy stand "lean angle" is no longer what it was when stock. It is now much less. Tks!

Just came back from dealership with the bulletin that service mgn. gave me and guess what it is,Service bulletin M-1296 April 4,2011. Service mgn. says to me I guess I told you wrong I'm sorry about that. Well I'm low on tranny fluid and they didn't have anymore Redline shock on the shelf. I asked if they put the whole quart in there and tech said yes. I think about a pint stay in the bottle lol.So I guess we have our answer for now.

Is your dealer suppling Redline Shockproof? IF the whole quart went in, it should be full.

If you brought in Your own bottle, I would of asked for them to save YOUR bottle after they changed it.. Just to see IF they did the fill correctly..(empty bottle)

Just My Way

signed....BUBBIE

Yes dealer sells redline shock but they were sold out, bottle went in recycle bin and was gone. Good point on getting bottle, I will from now on. Thanks guys for your input, this is a great site.

I am no great expert on the newer bikes but that service bulletin does not make sense to me as once the bike is on the side stand the oil will be lower at the dip stick side of the gearbox
It seems to me that the dip stick is at an angle leaning towards the left side. :newsmile082:

Last edited:
Back