free website stats program Have some wiring question , new to this | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Have some wiring question , new to this

As Pete said turn signal buttons do need to be held in to make it flash on the 87 sportster but does need a full circuit so front signals need to be added there are a few different modules that can be added to the system to make them flash for a certain amount of time after the button press
Personally on the older bikes I prefer to use hand signals but that is just me

Brian

The load equalizer is for more load to make the LED's work with a flasher versus a incandescence bulb.
Welcome from So. Texas.
tourbox

Thanks,
I know I need the equalizer for the LEDs to work, having the front turn signals wires not connected to anything though I think might be causing and open circuit in the system casuing my problem. The load on equilizer wasn't even getting warm when I had it wires up and the lights were doing the same thing as it would with out the equalizer.

Was this a new equalizer? It could be defective. I would think rear blinkers would work w/o front on. That being said in ref. to a burned out bulb, 1 would still light.
tourbox

Load equilizer is brand new, and wasn't even getting hot. The front wires are not connected to anything though. Just hanging wires . I'd think it'd need a closed circuit to work.

I'd use just hand signals but where I live no one knows them and I need blinkers to inspect my bike.
Got the load equilizer in and all 4 turn signals on, no flashing just solid lights

Okay the load equilizer is getting hot but the lights are not flashing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the correct turn signals with led bulbs or complete led unit

Brian

These are not LED bulbs there are new LED units. All 4 turn signals, I got the bike and the originals were gone. Just got a horn wired up, works great. Need these blinkers to blink and I'll be legal

Back