Has anyone else ever noticed this ?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Cruzin Papa, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Cruzin Papa

Cruzin Papa Member

Maybe this is just me, maybe I'm nuts. But I have noticed that I like left hand curves better that right hand curves. I don't have a clue why but I just fell more confident going through a left curve. I'm right handed, and I keep my wallet in my right rear pocket. Wonder if that could have anything to do with it? Just wondering if anyone else ever noticed this?:57:

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Probably the weight of the wallet with the contents pulls you over more on a right turn. Buy some more chrome and try it again :D

3. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

Im a lefty and i feel better going though left turns also .. most guys i ride with say the same thing.. but i only notice it when going slow at speed doest matter to me

4. Irish Hog

Irish Hog Junior Member

Hmmm I am opposite I use counter steering so in a left hand turn I press down on the throttle hand and the bike just drops..I think I prefer left hand turns because I am right handed and I tend to drop the bike down faster and lower with better control with the right hand. I think I am explaining this right?? :small3d023:

5. gs34

gs34 Junior Member

Actually, it is caused by the rotation of the earth and depends on which hemisphere you are in.....sorta like the water in the toilet bowl!! :small3d031:

6. Technologist

Technologist Member

Its only tru in the US.... because you have more ROOM when making a left hand turn, then when making a right hand turn.

Your confidence buids, and you end up using less of the rooom avaialable making left.... and you get better at them!

7. Cruzin Papa

Cruzin Papa Member

Nope can't be that I own a Harley.

8. softailsteve

softailsteve Active Member

mabye you just dont want to drag your pipes just kidding never noticed it but Id go with smittys idea

9. Lancer

Lancer Junior Member

Called Coriolis effect

10. Crambo

Crambo Active Member

More or less correct, your dominant side subconsciously does this manouver with out the rider realizing it...:newsmile012:

Check out OSC MRC Tip of the Week :D