Votes: 241 20.5%
  • Lower Grade Only (89)

Votes: 34 2.9%
  • Low Grade Only (87)

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Doesn't Matter To Me

Votes: 11 0.9%

• Total voters
Yeah, I know, I'm a bit late to post on this one. But, concerning gas, I use regular during the winter since it burns hotter than premium and keeps the bike motor a bit warmer. During the summer I use premium to do the opposite, helps keep the bike a bit cooler than the regular. If it starts to ping, than I've got some bad gas and time to add some additive to get me through the tank. Additive in gas are usually same for all grades, it's just the octane that's different. (for a particular brand of gas! I use Shell, Standard or Texaco.)
Ugly John

Here in Oz our Premium Unleaded fuels are 97-98, bike runs excellent on them.
Only time I put anything lower in is if I somewhere they dont have Premium fuels.
Definately would never put anything with Ethanol in the tank.

I run 91 octane, higher if I can get it. Watch out for the ethenol. In '07 went through Iowa and Nebraska on the way to DC and they had 20% ethenol. Man the bikes ran poorly and got bad gas milage too. I had to add Lucus booster to my tank. ( found Lucus to be the best ) Still got bad milage though. Does anyone know if Octane Booster is bad for O2 sensors?

Use Lucus Octane booster. Don't know if it effects O2 sensor though.

Last edited by a moderator:
in norway we only have 95 and 98, the bike runs great on the 98,and i need it in my
58 chevy pickup,500 horse 383,att 8 $ a gallon,but it is so sweet with the rumble..
LOUD and PROUD

i've been running HESS 93 and BP 93 bike prob runs the best on BP
i've herd the %10 ethenol will mess the gaskets up in the carb over time

Most places around here carry 93 octane. I have run into some places on the back roads that only have the 91 octane and I have not noticed a big difference.

I run 93 octane SUNOCO whenever possible. Unfortunately, we too are stuck with 10% Ethanol in the northeast. I regularly add octane booster.

Back